WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Chronosport made a pretty nice black UDT dive watch back in the 1980's.

I can not seem to locate this manufacturer. Does anyone know who bought the company, and makes the same watch, or a refinement, under license today?

I believe the original watch retailed for about $300-350 USD in the USA back in the 1980's and came with a metal or nylon watch strap.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Re: WTK: Chronosport UDT Dive Watch, What manufacturer makes this circa 1980's watch today

What are they worth? I have one sitting in my safe.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Re: WTK: Chronosport UDT Dive Watch, What manufacturer makes this circa 1980's watch today

I've seen them go for $1000 or even $1500 in good shape. Maybe even more?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

They aren't made anymore. I bought mine new for $699 back in the late 80's. They sell very fast when they (rarely) come up for sale.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Mine say made by Breitling on the inside. Does anyone know the story? Also, mine has a pilot bezel similar to the Pluton.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That's a nice looking watch.

I also recall some mention of Breitling.

Many thanks to all for the expert replies.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I just listed my Chronosport UDT on ebay. I am the original owner. Purchased it in CT in 1986. Well taken care of.

·
Banned
2 Posts
It is possible to purchase a like-new UDT type 2, with a five year warranty. I've had my UDT repaired by best fix watch and fully restored. The owner is Swiss trained and occasionally sells fully restored UDT models on his website. They aren't inexpensive but then again you're purchasing basically a brand new watch with the 5-year warranty, which is longer than the warranty that came with they were for sale back in the 90s.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,214 Posts
It is possible to purchase a like-new UDT type 2, with a five year warranty. I've had my UDT repaired by best fix watch and fully restored. The owner is Swiss trained and occasionally sells fully restored UDT models on his website. They aren't inexpensive but then again you're purchasing basically a brand new watch with the 5-year warranty, which is longer than the warranty that came with they were for sale back in the 90s.
This individual is posing as a satisfied customer to shill his own business.

Caveat emptor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts