WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a BNIB SH from a local collector in Singapore who had 2 of these beauties, he wore one and eventually ended up selling the other.

The night after I bought this watch, without having it worn it once, I notice that the second hand at the 9 o clock position was not centered and it bugged me big time. I had a full year of Steinhart's warranty but decided to save the trouble of sending this watch in and decided to send it to a local watch smith who I could trust to solve the issue.

Upon stripping the watch he found out 2 problems, 1) the movement was not oiled properly and (2) needle which held the second hands turned out to be bent.

No use speculating on how that happen, instead I got him to replace it with a genuine Swiss 7753 gear and oiled up. I spent a total of $215 USD on servicing this watch and now, at least the chronograph second hand does not stutter as bad, (I have a video of it stuttering real bad before servicing). Ultimately the movement is a real beauty, just needed some TLC and it is now working like a champ.

In total I've owned this watch for less than 2 weeks, of which it spent 1 week in service. As you can see from the pictures, this watch is ABSOLUTELY BRAND NEW, NOT A SINGLE HAIR LINE on this beauty.

The only reason I am selling it is because at 47mm, this fella is a little too big for my wrist given the lugs don't curve down as much as other brands do.

Summary:

- Condition: 10/10 (BNIB)
- 2 X Straps: 10/10 (BNIB)
- Deployment clasp: 10/10 not a single hairline.
- All certs and papers in tact. The Steinhart LE certificate is also unnamed.
- This is watch 90/111

I am not looking to profit off this piece, I bought it off the previous owner for $1830 USD + $215 USD for servicing and part replacement = $2045 USD The price is slightly negotiable but the offer that meets my price will get this watch, so drop me your offers as long as they aren't low balls, I'll consider them.

PAYPAL FEES + SHIPPING IS ON YOU the buyer.
I will also not be responsible for anything that happens during shipping, you as the buyer can pick what mode you want and whether you would like there to be insurance.

I will ship this watch internationally, although if you are in Singapore, PM me to discuss a local deal.

In this last picture below, this was the original gear inside the movement, and as you can see the tip is clearly bent. I am not here to defame Steinhart, they make brilliant watches with brilliant designs, but I am merely giving a full disclosure to the future owner of this watch, about its history.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Final price drop to $1300 USD Paypal fees + Shipping on your end, keep the offers coming, looking for a quick sale can ship the watch out today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts