WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

For sale is a super cool and uncommon 42mm Precibel (French market) diver watch with MRP SA case [some term it as Monnin case]. The uni-directional coke colour bakelite bezel has silver font, some scratches and a tiny chip at the '20' indicator. The dial itself is super nice with a gorgeous waffle texture, and big broad arrow tritium hour hand and lollipop second. I am unable to confirm if hands lume are original but they remain reactive under intense UV but not normal sunlight. Hour indices lume have mostly degraded. Bezel lume pip reacts under UV. Reliable ETA movement with quick set date. I estimate power reserve to be at 32-40 hrs when fully wound.

The highlight of this watch would undoubtedly be its solid stainless steel case, manufactured by the renown MRP SA company (MRP SA Manufacture de boîtes de montres haut de gamme CH-2942 Alle) with crown guards. This particular case was made famous by other brands such as Heuer 844, CWC and sums up as a great tool watch that sits very comfortably on one's wrist due to its slight hugging curvature.

In all, a watch with excellent wrist presence but unfortunately, it has just not been getting enough wrist time after purchase thus its up for sale.

More photos and video:

The lowdown:
  • Keeping good time
  • Beautifully aged, untouched original dial and prominent hands
  • Classic case for dive / tool watch lovers
  • Watch head and 2 leather straps included
  • Unsigned crown
  • Unidirectional rotating bezel
  • 42mm case size and 20mm lug width
  • ETA movement with quick-set date

Watch and myself are located in Singapore and I'm asking 1,500 USD. Price is negotiable for serious buyers. International shipping possible, shipping cost to be quoted separately. Will accept payment by overseas wire transfer.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts