WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I put this for straight up sale, I figured that I would list it for trade. I picked it up from a local collector whom I've bought multiple watches from before. He mentioned that it was serviced around a year ago and in the short time I've had it, is running very well. The overall condition is really good when you consider the age of the watch and comes with the super comfortable bracelet that will fit at least 7.75". The chrono function works as desired and overall this watch is a real stunner. I pulled the following paragraph from the web since I figured it summed up the piece very well.

Last of the legendary Carrera line made by Heuer, 510.523 was released in 1983 just one year before being bought by TAG. This Carrera has a very rugged tool watch design with an extremely readable dial and features the excellent Lemania 5100 movement. Measuring at 38mm with a 20mm lug-width, the case is a rugged stainless steel cushion design that is well balanced and sits comfortable on the wrist. The chronograph pushers are firm and crisp. The bracelet has a TAG Heuer clasp but it is most likely original since these watches where sold still after the accusation by TAG in 1984. When TAG ran out of Heuer signed parts they would use TAG Heuer ones instead.

I'm not super zeroed in on anything specific but please don't waste both our time by offering an Oris 65 or something similiar without a good amount of cash on top. I know what these are worth and have no problem keeping this amazing piece. I enjoy pilot watches, divers, brands such as Omega, Tudor, etc... Please feel free to check out my feedback as buyer/seller/trader and if needed I can provide more feedback from other forums. For new members, expect extra scrutiny as no dig against yourself, just your lack of history on the forum.

I'm not known for my photography skills so if you need any different pics just let me know.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts