WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your looking at a lovely Ulysse Nardin Michelangelo UTC Reference number 223-11, also known as the Gigante Dual Time. I'm primarily looking for your Rolex Explorer II (White Dial) or IWC Aquatimer (White Dial) w/ cash incentive. Bracelets preferred in both cases but can work on head only for the Rolex or rubber on the IWC. Just about any condition considered as long as valued accordingly. Anonimo Wayfarer possibly depending on dial. I won't say I'll ignore other trade offers but I've my heart set more than usual this time and would rather not part with this beautiful watch unless Im sure.

This one is an amazing timekeeper, to simply say within COSC specs is to insult this fine watch. Currently running bang on with atomic time loosing a fraction of a second a day. Watch is in excellent condition with no disclosures to mention. We'll call it 97%TZ but I can't find anything other than other than the lightest signs of careful wear, most of which would require a loop. Comes on OEM Ulysse Nardin Genuine Crocodile hide strap in black, it too is in excellent condition although there is some light discolouration on the underside only from being worn. OEM Ulysse Nardin signed deployant clasp is a joy to use. Inner Box, Outer box, manual, wallet, hang tag etc. all all included and in pristine shape meaning this package is very easily giftable.

Very prestigious brand with anything but a stock movement. The UTC complication is fantastic. You can track a second timezone at 9 OR better yet sync it with your home time to track 24hrs/AM/PM. Doing so allows you to also advance the hour hand +/- with the pushers at 10 and 8 without any need to unscrew the crown or hack seconds. A true travelers GMT. Grand date complication at 2 is easy on the eyes. Blued steel hands, silver sunburst in centre matching roman numerals perfectly in tone. Makes for a lively dial under changing lighting conditions as does the curvature of the sapphire crystal. Signed blue inlay crown is screw down for added security and water resistance.

Dimensions:
Diameter 38mm (w/o pusher or crown)
Lug to Lug 51mm w/ slight curvature for excellent fit to wrist.
Lug Width 20mm
Thickness 15mm (at centre tapering towards the lugs)

Don't be fooled by dimensions, this is actually a big watch. Not being a round dial it wears much differently not unlike the JLC Squadra Hometime. One of the things I love about it is that if offers the "wrist presence" we so often desire with out being ungainly. I find some larger watches are too long, too flat on the case back or otherwise bulky. If you have a small wrist, this is a big watch you can actually pull off without looking ridiculous. If you have a large wrist and need a big watch, well your still set.

MSRP was $6,400 although no longer available. This pretty much on par with the Exp II and above the IWC although both though those brands retain value exceptionally well so I'd be looking to add cash to account for that and to create a fair incentive. I can take more pics if you'd like. I have plenty of references from sales and trades, I would expect them from you also or some mutually agreeable arrangment.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sold

Sold locally

1 - 2 of 2 Posts