WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a hobbyist art metal worker and have wanted to try my hand recreating the beautiful hand-hammered cases on some vintage Grand Seiko and modern Seiko Micro Artist Studio pieces. I do some hammered chase & repousse work in copper and sterling silver and would like to try this on a basic Seiko stainless steel case. I am curious if anybody out there has spare steel Seiko case that they would be willing to send to me in exchange for the hammering to be done? I will return the finished case to you afterwards. We each pay our shipping costs.

What I am hoping to achieve here is to work on an actual case that somebody will then fit with a movement, crystal, etc. and make a completed watch out of, so modders are welcome to apply. We each benefit because you get the work done for free and I get a case to practice on before I ship it back to you. The only caveat is that you must agree to accept whatever comes back to you as I will be practicing a few different styles similar to what's shown below but slightly different naturally. I want to create a similar look, not copy it outright. I cannot do this to a watch case that has a movement, crown, or bezel mounted as there is a good risk of damaging them, so empty case-only please. I would love to try this on a Turtle case but open to different models. Also much prefer steel, no precious metal cases please. DM with your case type, how many you have, and location; I prefer US residents for cost of shipping unless overseas folks pay both ways.

Photos are examples of what I would like to try to do, these are all factory Seiko pieces. If they turn out like I expect then this will be a service I will be offering in the future.

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.28.28 PM.png hammered.jpg Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.26.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 4.27.50 PM.png

Reactions: ekc315 and 41Mets

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reactions: Tone1298

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New pics start on Page 2, post #13.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts