·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
A bit of fun during this award season:

As per Public forum thread:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/wus-readers-awards-975283.html
We're going to run some nominations and polls to find WUS' favourite watches of 2013...
Each sub-forum can run a poll to choose it's winner and representative to going to the final Public forum poll.

So Digital, ABC, G-Shock, Smart wearers, this is your call for nominations.
Which watch would you like to nominate to go up against the best Affordables, High End and the rest can throw at us :)

This is only for fun so not many rules:
1) Watch must have a digital component (ana-digi included, smart included)
2) Watch must have been released in first country/market in 2013

Nominations are for your favourite watch.
It can be one you own or one you admire from afar.
Think about it's quality, value, capability, aesthetic.
Maybe ask yourself how is it different from other similar watches - how does it stand out from the crowd.
When nominating feel free to include the most impressive picture you can find and make an impassioned plea as to why it should be in!

I'll wait 1 week for nominations to come in on this thread and then I'll open a poll with 20 of the best (if we get more than 20 nominated I'll ask some moderators/experts for help removing a few)

Remember our winner will be the digital entry into the grand final.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get nominating! ;-)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I'll start the ball rolling.
I can think of some great releases in 2013 but I'll nominate the Casio ProTrek PRW3000.
It's the first Casio with the smaller, more efficient, more accurate v3 ABC sensors and the first to take the ProTrek name global.
Plus the usual great features of Tough Solar and Radio Controlled Atomic Time with a great new clean look.

Casio_PRW3000_Official.JPG

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Tough call - there were some great digital watches released last year like the Garmin Fenix, Suunto Ambit and Casio Rangeman (PRW-3000, too of course). Since I neither own a Fenix nor Ambit I vote this:
GW-9400 Rangeman - the 1st triple sensor G-Shock - which not only features ABC functions with an ingenious one-button access but also sunrise/sunset and a time stamp feature - of course including all the ususal like alarms, timer, worldtime and stopwatch:

cheers, Sedi :)

·
G-Shock Mod
14,199 Posts
Pebble Smartwatch.

Seems like the only Smartwatch that works so far, with SDK (and 2.0 soon), it opens up a lot of possibility.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Easy choice for me. Garmin Fenix!

Reactions: thorton and Sedi

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Great watch Doug.
Can you confirm the release date - part of me thought it was in time for Christmas in 2012?
But I didn't keep a close watch on it so I'm probably wrong! :)

Wasn't the military version - Garmin Tactix due for release last year as well?
Good catch! The Fenix was released November 1, 2012, so I withdraw my nomination. I could have sworn it was 2013 - my bad.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good catch! The Fenix was released November 1, 2012, so I withdraw my nomination. I could have sworn it was 2013 - my bad.
No problem. If it's any consolation I think the Fenix would have won the 2012 awards hands down. :)

I checked up and the Fenix's military cousin the Tactix was released in 2013.
How about we add that one instead...

garmin_tactix.jpg

Its GPS, auto-calibrated ABC, Map, 1000 Waypoint Tracker with Tracback, ANT+ connectivity, pace cadence calories, sun/moon/hunting data, waterproof, 5 week battery life in watch mode (50h when GPS switched on)
Plus it can control remote cameras - I think we can all agree, an essential feature for any watch :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hold your horses. No voting yet :)
this is the nominations thread. voting will have a new thread on tue.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,098 Posts
Tough call - there were some great digital watches released last year like the Garmin Fenix, Suunto Ambit and Casio Rangeman (PRW-3000, too of course). Since I neither own a Fenix nor Ambit I vote this:
GW-9400 Rangeman - the 1st triple sensor G-Shock - which not only features ABC functions with an ingenious one-button access but also sunrise/sunset and a time stamp feature - of course including all the ususal like alarms, timer, worldtime and stopwatch:

cheers, Sedi :)
I second the Rangeman for nomination. It's a real step up in Casio's Master of G line.

Reactions: nigelw

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some great nominations everyone.

Just a reminder. One more day of nominations left. Then tomorrow evening I'll create the voting thread...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I nominate the Sparc Sigma MGS. A refinement of Ventura's original mechanically powered digital watch, its combination of function and design is a winner.

sparc_sigma_mgs_5.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts