WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is your favourite Digital watch released in 2013?

• Casio GShock GW9400

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Casio ProTrek PRW3000

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Garmin Tactix

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Suunto Ambit 2

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Pebble Smartwatch

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Sony Smartwatch 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ventura Sparc Sigma MGS

Votes: 4 10.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here it is... Your chance to vote on WUS forum readers favourite digital watch of 2013.

The winner will go forward to the public forum super-poll competing against High-End, Affordables, Dive, etc.

So take a read through the below nominations and think about which is your favourite?
Which is worthy of the digital forum's endorsement? :)

Feel free to add to the thread with additional reasons why others should vote for your favourite.
The poll will close in 1 week.

Casio G-Shock GW9400
The first GShock with ABC using the new v3 sensors.
Features:
Atomic Timekeeping, Tough Solar, ABC, Thermometer, 200m WR, mud, resistant, low temp resistant, Shock resistant, 31 timezone World time, 5 daily alarms, 1/100 sec stopwatch, 1 sec countdown, sunrise/set, etc. $300
GW9400-1.jpg

Casio ProTrek PRW3000
The first watch with Casio's smaller, more efficient, more accurate v3 sensor and the first to take the ProTrek brand global.
Features:
Atomic timekeeping, Tough Solar, ABC, Thermometer, 100m WR, low temp resistant, 31 timezone World time, 5 daily alarms, 1/10 sec stopwatch, 1 sec countdown, sunrise/set, etc. $300
Casio_PRW3000_Official.JPG

Garmin Tactix
Military cousin of the superb Garmin Fenix.
Features:GPS, auto-calibrated ABC, Map, 1000 Waypoint Tracker with Tracback, ANT+ connectivity, pace cadence calories, sun/moon/hunting data, waterproof, 5 week battery life in watch mode (50h with GPS), $550
garmin_tactix.jpg

Suunto Ambit 2
The GPS for explorers and athletes.
GPS, auto-calibrated ABC, Map, Track Analysis, ANT+ connectivity, pace,speed distance, heart rate cadence, sun/tide data, Suunto apps, waterproof, 50h battery life (24h with GPS), $500
suunto_ambit_2.jpg

Pebble Smartwatch
The most successful kickstarter project ever and the first convincing smartwatch.
Features: Apps, Notifications, customisable faces, changeable straps, 5-7day battery life, Waterproof 5ATM $150
Pebble.jpg

Sony Smartwatch 2
'Touch your world' with this well designed android smartphone.
Features: Touch control, Apps, Notifications, customisable faces, 1-7day battery life7, $230
sony_smartwatch.jpg

Ventura Sparc Sigma MGS
Evolution of the 'automatic' digital watch.
Features:
Time, Date, Stopwatch, Countdown, Alarm, Light, Micro Generating System, 3bar WR, $5300
venturaw76s.jpg

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Tough choice - even though I nominated the GW-9400 myself I'm having second thoughts as this is the ABC/Digi-Forum and maybe I should choose something else than a G? :-d Have to think a little over that before I vote...

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tough choice - even though I nominated the GW-9400 myself I'm having second thoughts as this is the ABC/Digi-Forum and maybe I should choose something else than a G? :-d Have to think a little over that before I vote...
I agree...
I can almost pick my favourite between G & Pro, Garmin and Suunto, Pebble & Sony...
But then comparing across types is really tough!
I need a cup of tea and some quiet thoughts... :think:

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
ok, I voted Rangeman - since there was no nomination thread on the G-Shock forum - it's still my favourite digital release of 2013 and the watch that managed to stay on my wrist for almost 3 months constantly after I bought it - that's a personal record since I started collecting :-d.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
On the features list, the Ventura does have a stopwatch, countdown timer, alarm, and light. That's what I like; it's a high-end watch but it still has a reasonable feature set

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the features list, the Ventura does have a stopwatch, countdown timer, alarm, and light. That's what I like; it's a high-end watch but it still has a reasonable feature set
Thanks Gloster. Must have missed them on the Ventura website as I was focussed on the how the micro generating system worked! :)
Edited original post to add them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My vote goes for the Suunto Ambit 2. Though i like the Garmin's feature and I like the Sony smartwatch since Im a huge Sony fan. Lol! :-D

Sent from my LT26w using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G-Shock has taken an early lead, but there are only 23 votes in so far, so plenty of time for things to change.

If you haven't voted yet, please do so soon - every vote can make a difference in this important international award! ;-)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I voted PRW3000. Great features, extremely legible, I wouldn't go into the woods without it.

Also, I've never laid eyes on any of the others.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

well.a g shock is essentially a digital watch having arnold schwarzenegger,s body:). and rangeman is an ABC watch.so I guess its ok.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, we have a winner!

For those of you on tapatalk...

In joint third place:
The Suunto Ambit 2 & The Ventura Sparc Sigma MGS
In second place:
The Casio ProTrek PRW3000

But in a clear first place with half the vote you have chosen WUS forum digital watch of 2013 to be...
The Casio G-Shock GW9400 'Rangeman' !

Great result form a list of great nominations - thanks for taking part.

Maybe an appropriate result for WUS that its first digital watch of the year should be the first ABC version of WUS' favourite tough 'beater' watch.

Watch out for the super-poll on the public forum in the next few days as the other winners from other sub-forums are chosen and the Rangeman goes forward as the Digital/GShock/Suunto/Smart representative.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts