WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to know how would you guys like that our watch will become...

Functions, Ana or DIgi or both, Models that I can be based on, Colors Type of band etc etc etc...

I would like to make a poll on some of these so it could be fair for all...

But first let me ear from you what are you looking for in a Celebrating WUS G-shock Community and I will be glad to help you...

I will need some HiRES photos so I can Cook all things Up
I allready have a 6900 Model almost all draw in illustrator I think we should go with that Model but that it's just my idea

it's becoming more or less like this...

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Taking a DW-6900 as a base is a good idea I think because it's very popular. I'd love to see a DW-6900 with an all stealthed out bezel but a bright green background - a bit like the background of the G-7710C-3:

I don't know if this is even possible and it probably won't get a majority on a poll :-d but I like the high contrast. I think it should definitely have a high contrast - no negative display please.
The strap can be colorful too but the bezel should be all black.
So let's say:
- glossy green strap
- matching bright green LCD
- stealthy matte black bezel
I know it's kind of contradicting the whole concept of 'stealth' if you put it on a green strap but a little color would be nice.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think a digital model would be appropriate, in deference to the first G-Shock which had a digital display.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I would like to know how would you guys like that our watch will become...

Functions, Ana or DIgi or both, Models that I can be based on, Colors Type of band etc etc etc...

I would like to make a poll on some of these so it could be fair for all...

But first let me ear from you what are you looking for in a Celebrating WUS G-shock Community and I will be glad to help you...

I will need some HiRES photos so I can Cook all things Up
I allready have a 6900 Model almost all draw in illustrator I think we should go with that Model but that it's just my idea

it's becoming more or less like this...

Ayako,

First of all, thanks for getting started on this! I think the WUS G-shock should be digital. 6900 model is probably going to have to be determined in a poll. I think we will need to have a poll for several things (model, colors, function....etc.). I don't think we will get an agreement on anything just shooting posts back and forth. I think once we decide on 3 or 4 different designs, we can take a vote to pick the winner.

This is all assuming that we have a way of presenting this to the G-Shock team.

Perhaps Sjors could hand deliver the final application to his contacts when he does his trip to Japan?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
6900 would surely be popular. There are already plenty of special 6900s I don't think it would stand out much. Maybe a lime green jelly mudman, 7900 or silencer? Something that hasn't been done to death (like the 6900) maybe?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I agree, I'd love to see a different model used than the normal 5600/6900 - but I have a feeling that Casio doesn't stray from those standbys when it comes to collaborations. :-(

Before too much effort goes into a design, has anyone actually found out whether a custom G is even possible? Casio must have some sort of minimum commitment (guessing a production run of at least 100 watches) to make it worth their while. I think that whoever is leading this project needs to find these things out.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I like Sedi's idea of a green LCD, like for example on the G5600A-3

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, I'd love to see a different model used than the normal 5600/6900 - but I have a feeling that Casio doesn't stray from those standbys when it comes to collaborations. :-(

Before too much effort goes into a design, has anyone actually found out whether a custom G is even possible? Casio must have some sort of minimum commitment (guessing a production run of at least 100 watches) to make it worth their while. I think that whoever is leading this project needs to find these things out.
Nobody is leading, I just took the first step for it to came true...I have got to believe it first...

Cumpliments

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Two very good points. ;-)

Moderators haven't been conspicuous contributors to this topic, probably because we can remember previous threads on the same subject... but if a real-world proposal emerges, with a real-world facilitator to lead it, then there might be the glimmerings of a project, rather than a vague dream. I don't want to pour cold water on a nice idea, but the odds are against these two things happening.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't mind if we can get it done... We will still have an image of what we would wanted... Come on guys are we going to kill this ideia even before we start doing anything...
:-s

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
No no...I don't think anyone is proposing to kill the idea. You could definitely count me as a buyer, especially if the design looks as nice as your black/white 5600. It's just that right now it's putting the cart before the horse to make a great design and then find out that Casio won't do it.

If you are serious about getting a watch actually made, then Casio needs to be contacted so we can find out what their purchase requirements are, what watch models are available for customizing, whether they'll allow things like jelly resin, atomic solar, negative display, printing on the band, custom backlight, etc - all of that stuff. With those guidelines in mind then we can proceed to the design phase. Otherwise, the end product may just be a pretty picture.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd like to see a different module than the 5600/6900 as well.

I'd love to see a 7710 module negative display with red LCD.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Frogman it would be a Nice peek for sure...

Or the new 7900, GX or Ga

All good models but I havent seen many collabs on this models only the new with the Ga 110 ( EVANGELION, DEE & RICKY)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi All,

Just to get started with this great fun initiative (who cares if it will ever see the day light. it's just cool to have a wuswatchb-)) I can make an xls questionaire with things to agree/chose from. Shall I make an online questionair of it so everybody can give his input in a structured way?

If yes, I have the following categories to chose from (feel free to add) (see image)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Casio doesn't have a history of doing colaboration with web sites.

To see them doing this kind of colaboration would be very unusual and I doubt that you'll get any ground on this one.

Personally if there would be any kind of colaboaration it would be in a form of either 5600 or 6900.

Also, even if they do colaboration it would end up as regular 5600 or 6900 with backlight showing WUS symbol. But I don't why would Casio even seriously consider this idea... after all they're not a sponsor here and not only that , from what we know they're probably not even aware of this site.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 34 Posts