WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
There is no minimum, but you will get the most helpful comments, information, and insight for whatever watch you want feedback for by posting to the appropriate subforum (Affordables, Pil Mil, Dive, etc...)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
May I ask what is the criterion that decides whether a watch should be discussed in WatchUSeek forums.

Thanks.
In my short time here I have discovered that all types of watches (except fakes) can be discussed on WUS.
A question about how to adjust a GMT hand was asked in the High end quartz forum and the reply was basically, this (HEQ subforum on WUS) isn't the really the place for your question, perhaps you should try the general forum (also on WUS). One of the great things about WUS is there are areas for general topics, where all things watch related are dicussed and other areas focused on particular subjects (Divers, HEQ, or specific brands). Heck there is even a place (the Cafe) to discuss non-watch related gibberish. :-!

G

·
Hello Good Folks on WatchUSeek,

I recently came across a thread about Luminox Traveler watch ( https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=151808 ) where one of the members mentioned that this watch does not meet the requirements of this forum.

May I ask what is the criterion that decides whether a watch should be discussed in WatchUSeek forums.

Thanks.
Sounds to me like the watch did not meet that persons criteria.

One person does not decide what is or is not appropriate

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Sounds to me like the watch did not meet that person criteria.

One person does not decide what is or is not appropriate
the response in question was not deriding the model in question however it was my interpretation that the question was posed on the wrong sub forum (HEQ) as opposed to the Public or Affordables. giving it another read you would find he actually praised the watch but for one inconvenient feature. as stated earlier the only thing frowned upon here are FAKES.<|<|

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
We have lots of categories of fora here at WUS. That said, an honest question about a watch ought to get a straightforward and helpful answer, particularly to someone new, no matter where its asked here IMHO.

There are no "minimum standards" for WUS in terms of watches we talk about here. That does not mean we don't have folks with attitudes:roll:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the response in question was not deriding the model in question however it was my interpretation that the question was posed on the wrong sub forum (HEQ) as opposed to the Public or Affordables. giving it another read you would find he actually praised the watch but for one inconvenient feature. as stated earlier the only thing frowned upon here are FAKES.<|<|
I agree with you. My bad. After reading your post I realised that the poster was probably talking about Luminox Traveler not meeting the criterion of High End Quartz sub-forum rather than WUS fora in general.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
First off welcome to WUS!

last time I checked if it displays the time...it meets the criteria [fakes aside]...it's "watchuseek"...not "onlycertainwatchesuseek"

·
Registered
283 Posts
First off welcome to WUS!

last time I checked if it displays the time...it meets the criteria [fakes aside]...it's "watchuseek"...not "onlycertainwatchesuseek"
Or, perhaps, more accurately, "if it displays the time, used to display the time, or might possibly display the time in the future, and can be reasonably described as a watch, . . . it meets the criteria [fakes aside, but "homages" are ok]."

Actually, given the size of some of the "watches" here, perhaps it's more like "can be mounted on your wrist and you can lift it with one hand." :-d

For example, will it hurt my wrist sundial to use it in the rain? :think:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi and welcome! :)

I have been a watch enthusiast from a tender age but only recently got the bug with watches. After spending many hours reading about all sort of watches (well, almost all) I can understant how my perception of the subject has changed. In that respect, I can understand how my preferences have shifted from 'non-WIS' to 'WIS' items. [Luckily, the watches I had prior to my enlightment were spot on: a vintage one (my late grandfathers) and a present from my father who is a 'sleeper' WIS.]

To your question: as far as I understand there are no criteria as such and watch-snobbery is definetely not something I have experienced in the WUS fora (and remember that some very knowledgable people write here). Hence, comments that may appear sarcastic at first are always well-meaning and playful rather than sarcastic. And kidding of this kind is something I find amusing; after all we spend hours of our free time here and having a good laugh is part of the game.

Cheers,
Basil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts