WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

• Yes

Votes: 84 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 23.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 420 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
A big thank you to the staff running the project, especially to Comrade Chascomm for making it possible so far.
IMHO I find the idea of 2 projects (short and long term) very attractive...
Best regards

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Maybe the translator I used was wrong, but I remember reading something on the Technochas blog.
User: какой может быть «Made in USSR» в 2018 году? Зачем этот колхоз?
Technochas: Согласен. Часы с надписью «Сделано в СССР» мы делать не будем, это было бы просто обманом, а вот стекла отдельно для ремонта советских часов или колхоза — возможно и сделаем.
Perhaps they don't have an issue with any of this.

Sure we can design something if we want, but in the end approval is 100% up to the company manufacturing the product.

There is nothing distinctly Soviet about this logo in my opinion. "F10" replaces "CCCP" and underneath is a stylized and rotated cyrillic "K" for the Russian word for "quality".
I don't know how people feel about things in that part of the world...maybe thoughts of the USSR leaves them with bad memories, or even happy thoughts about the friends and family they grew up with...

Anyways, I'm sure we are over-analyzing this. Lets wait for more info from Technochas and then get this project started! :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 · (Edited)
Out of curiosity, anybody has an Electronika? If so you can check how big the dial and how thin that character would be... the chances are they won't be able to make a print so sharp.

They already said the proposal with three stripes behind Electronika would be too hard to print...the watch is small, not like what you see on a monitor.

However at the moment they are working at the B6-02 proposal and they have two specimens for the measurements.

Pedometer Technology Electronic device Health care Service

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Maybe the translator I used was wrong, but I remember reading something on the Technochas blog.

Perhaps they don't have an issue with any of this.

Sure we can design something if we want, but in the end approval is 100% up to the company manufacturing the product.

There is nothing distinctly Soviet about this logo in my opinion. "F10" replaces "CCCP" and underneath is a stylized and rotated cyrillic "K" for the Russian word for "quality".
I don't know how people feel about things in that part of the world...maybe thoughts of the USSR leaves them with bad memories, or even happy thoughts about the friends and family they grew up with...

Anyways, I'm sure we are over-analyzing this. Lets wait for more info from Technochas and then get this project started! :)
Oh, as I see the dialogue was as following:
User: How can it be «Made in USSR» at 2018? What a stupidity?
Technochas: Agreed. Watch with sign «Made in USSR» we would not make, it would be just a deception, but glasses separately <with mark «Made in USSR» - oldfox comment> for repair USSR watches or for modds - we possibly would do.

So it would not be a problem with a pentagon with Ф10 inside.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry for my absence here, it was a lot of work this week.

We've prepared sketches for "B6-02" styled watches in new stainless steel cases with our new module 50D (of course, we can install any other module with same size: 55D, 01 etc.). Glass is tempered mineral, screw caseback with laser engraving, 20mm lugs. Approximately price will be 100 USD.

We discussed this the case form with mr.Cuhbert, and our opinions were different about it.

I think the most preferable is this one, known by russian watchmakers as "pillow". It is the most typical for B6-02, also it was designed first of all. Regarding future manufacturing, we can make metal mask (as on original watch) and can obtain good water resistance due to round glass.

Tool Calipers

The "brick" form is also possible, but in this case we had to make glued painted glass, and i'm not sure of WR quality. Also, original watch has curved glass (like top surface of the case), it will make manufacturing more expensive. And my personal opinion is that it looks strange with big LCD (original's LCD was much smaller).

Watch Tire Automotive tire Dive computer Parallel

Also, if anyone wants do draw his own sketch -- welcome, i can send you a drawing of LCD in SVG format.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Sorry for my absence here, it was a lot of work this week.

We've prepared sketches for "B6-02" styled watches in new stainless steel cases with our new module 50D (of course, we can install any other module with same size: 55D, 01 etc.). Glass is tempered mineral, screw caseback with laser engraving, 20mm lugs. Approximately price will be 100 USD.

We discussed this the case form with mr.Cuhbert, and our opinions were different about it.

I think the most preferable is this one, known by russian watchmakers as "pillow". It is the most typical for B6-02, also it was designed first of all. Regarding future manufacturing, we can make metal mask (as on original watch) and can obtain good water resistance due to round glass.

The "brick" form is also possible, but in this case we had to make glued painted glass, and i'm not sure of WR quality. Also, original watch has curved glass (like top surface of the case), it will make manufacturing more expensive. And my personal opinion is that it looks strange with big LCD (original's LCD was much smaller).

Also, if anyone wants do draw his own sketch -- welcome, i can send you a drawing of LCD in SVG format.
Cool sketches! Is the threaded caseback a standard one-piece, or is it a two-piece design like seen in many Russian watches?
Do you also plans to continue with designs of the Electronika 55 in stainless steel or are you focusing on the B6-02 design now?

P.S. I would like to check out the SVG files.
I don't have much experience working with vector formats other than shapes generated in Photoshop but it would be fun to learn in Illustrator/Inkscape. :)

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Cool sketches! Is the threaded caseback a standard one-piece, or is it a two-piece design like seen in many Russian watches?
Do you also plans to continue with designs of the Electronika 55 in stainless steel or are you focusing on the B6-02 design now?

P.S. I would like to check out the SVG files.
I don't have much experience working with vector formats other than shapes generated in Photoshop but it would be fun to learn in Illustrator/Inkscape. :)
The idea is to have a poll of the SS 55 (or any other module that can fit that case) against these ideas. IMO the "brick" looks very good, I didn't get why the tup surface must be curved but yes, with a substantial bracelet it would be a very good "dress" digital, something that I haven't seen since the 70s.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The idea is to have a poll of the SS 55 (or any other module that can fit that case) against these ideas. IMO the "brick" looks very good, I didn't get why the tup surface must be curved but yes, with a substantial bracelet it would be a very good "dress" digital, something that I haven't seen since the 70s.
I personally still like the 55 case the most out of all the case designs (just not a fan of hooded lugs).
I'm remembering the 2000 RUB estimate for the SS 55...this was with a snap-on caseback? Now I'm curious if we can get an estimate for including a screw-on.

Probably before doing a poll, it would be a good idea to have for each of the three designs:
1. Estimated price and minimum quantity
2. Case design image (front + back) only showing the module (blank dial and caseback)
3. Water resistance (Y/N)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Brick for me as it reminds me somehow to the back to the future movies. The pillow reminds me of my steinhart aviator. A watch i never wear due to its size.

What are the sizes of these cases?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,411 Posts
I think both of these B6-02 concepts look great. The prospect of better water resistance should make the cushion case more appealing to the many hydrophobic members of the forum :-d The brick must necessarily be limited in water resistance due to its shape, but I think that is worth the trade-off for authentic '70s styling. And I don't mind the larger digits, or even a multi-function module in either of these cases. Both should have strong potential as general production models if Technochas should choose to do so.

My preference is still for a multi-function module and I like the new steel 55 case, but the cushion and the brick are starting to call to me. The next poll will be very interesting.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,411 Posts
I guess the next poll, when we have enough details for that, should include options for the steel 55, or the B6-02, or happy with either, or the 55 first with the possibility of pursuing the B6-02 later. Or something like that. Cost, delivery time and minimum quantities will certainly be a factor in how I vote, because I really want to see a project delivered this time.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
In life, as for watches, it is always a matter of personal taste and the shape of these last two cases does not meet my personal taste, not even as a joke. Indeed, I could say how we live on two different continents.

Leaving jokes aside, Surok, you did a great job even though now I understand very well why Tecnochas has never produced these cases before ;-)

401 - 420 of 422 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.