Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2804 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes folks, it's on again!

After much deliberation, Watchuseek management have agreed to let the the Project continue...

However it is abundantly clear that the collaborative approach has not been a success. In order to avoid the acrimony that has already derailed the project once, we are fast-tracking to a final design proposal with no further polls.

Attached below are the renders of the front and back of the final design, and also the registration form for you to register your interest in the project if you have not yet done so. The registration spreadsheet is also attached.

Feel free to put the word around on the other forums that we are back in business. If you no longer wish to be included in the project, please contact one of the project organizers. The project team consists of Cuthbert, Recoil, Pierluigi, Danilao and Helmpda. Details about the method of payment will be posted in this thread soon.

The main purpose of this thread besides announcing the restart is to confirm the members' ongoing support for the project.

Registration Form

Registration Spreadsheet

The price is estimated to be "not more than $150".

Moderator's note 23/11/2016: The illustrations above have been updated. Some of the discussion below relates to the original design.

Dimensions:

Dial sample:

Bezel sample:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If not Meranom then who?

Meranom is very cooperative and has a pretty good track record. And I don't know any others to pull through with this batch size. I know smaller watchmakers who can do custom orders (Vostok Design, Favinov).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Cool i am in. Can we at least do 1 pol asking who wants to have more polls. For histories sake

(It is a joke! That about the poll)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,391 Posts

these guys can do what we need. we will get a good Japanese mechanism at a lower price. I think someone who has english language as a native can at least try to ask questions about these guys.
эти парни могут сделать что нам нужно. мы будем получать хороший японский механизм за меньшую цену. думаю кто имеет англиский язык как родной может хотя бы попытаться задать вопросы этим парням.

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
I think most of the people on this board would like to have a Russian watch with a Russian movement possibly as much made in Russia as possible (we know Vostok outsources dials,hands and bezels but at least we have a Russian movement, case and final assembly) , so in the end the options would be:

1) Vostok (through Meranom, which is the only Russian seller that in these years came on this board asking people what they wanted, he was very clever with that)
2) Vostok Design (at the moment limited to one case)
3) Raketa (due to the price of their watches I wonder how many would be available to spend $800 for a special Amphibia, I have seen no review of their watches on this board so far).

The Chinese forum is luckier from this point of view, they have more builders.

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
I'm in, very happy that the project is going forward.

If you like it, here an updated thumbnail for the signature, made from the two images from the first post

View attachment 8967457
Thank you that's a nice signature.

I would love to be able to support this project but there are plenty of generic diver watches already available. Sure it looks good but in my opinion something uniquely Soviet would have been if more interest.
This is a Soviet design for sure, and I don't see it as "generic", perhaps you are not familiar with the original watch, the Slava diver from the 80s:

DSC_0336_zpsb8e10dbe.jpg

This one has a very faded dial, but as you can see it's a 100% Soviet watch, the colour palette was indeed inspired by the Zodiac Seawolf but besides that it's an original design and I don't find it generic at all.

Out of curiosity which are the truly Soviet designs for you?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Sorry to say I'm out,the design is just not what I envisaged it could have been,please remove me from the list thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
"дайверские часы" sounds really terrible for anyone who speaks Russian. It is like Spanglish slang. Even worst!!!!! It sound like someone is trying to be unnecessarily cool and blend into foreign society. Like an immigrant which pretends to forget Russian. Is it possible to change it for something normal?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Count me out as well. This could have been so much more, but the green bezel insert with the orange indices and the 'Amphibia' logo redundantly repeated on the dial and case back just kills it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 2804 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.