WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2801 - 2804 of 2804 Posts

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Thats a pretty rude comment.
I'm sorry you got caught in the crossfire. Crunchnolo walked right into that one, though.

I really didn't mean to stir the pot, so I apologize if my post came off as callous or insensitive. But perhaps someone can explain to me the utility in posting regular shipping status updates/complaints? If you are excited about your watch's arrival as it inches ever closer, by all means, share the excitement! That's the kind of positive energy we need.

But these shipping status posts are overwhelmingly pessimistic, typically pointing an angry finger at some shipping company for poor service, unreliable tracking, unforeseen delays, and so on. That's the kind of defeatist attitude we don't need.

I am sensitive to the fact that I already have my watch, and if I were still awaiting delivery, my perspective might be different. But if I had a genuine concern about the whereabouts of my package, I would contact the postal service at once and open an inquiry. Posting anxious comments on WUS only serves to fuel other people's anxieties, and before you know it, we are having a collective meltdown over shipping times that, by the way, have proven to be quite average so far. All this while -- and I'm willing to make a bet here -- not a single 2016 project watch has actually gone missing.

That's why I keep quoting Chris, who put it so succinctly: "Stop worrying and wait." If you can do something about your worries, by all means do something (e.g. contact the shipping company). But worrying for the sake of worrying, and spreading fears and uncertainties here, unfortunately helps no one.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I'm sorry you got caught in the crossfire. Crunchnolo walked right into that one, though.

I really didn't mean to stir the pot, so I apologize if my post came off as callous or insensitive. But perhaps someone can explain to me the utility in posting regular shipping status updates/complaints? If you are excited about your watch's arrival as it inches ever closer, by all means, share the excitement! That's the kind of positive energy we need.

But these shipping status posts are overwhelmingly pessimistic, typically pointing an angry finger at some shipping company for poor service, unreliable tracking, unforeseen delays, and so on. That's the kind of defeatist attitude we don't need.

I am sensitive to the fact that I already have my watch, and if I were still awaiting delivery, my perspective might be different. But if I had a genuine concern about the whereabouts of my package, I would contact the postal service at once and open an inquiry. Posting anxious comments on WUS only serves to fuel other people's anxieties, and before you know it, we are having a collective meltdown over shipping times that, by the way, have proven to be quite average so far. All this while -- and I'm willing to make a bet here -- not a single 2016 project watch has actually gone missing.

That's why I keep quoting Chris, who put it so succinctly: "Stop worrying and wait." If you can do something about your worries, by all means do something (e.g. contact the shipping company). But worrying for the sake of worrying, and spreading fears and uncertainties here, unfortunately helps no one.
The last time I ordered watch parts from Russia, one of my packages was lost for 2 months and arrived to my house another 1 month after that.
In that time frame, I spoke with USPS and requested a search for missing package.
In the meantime, I had quite a lenghty and friendly conversation with the seller about the history of their store and what was coming soon.
I even learned that he was getting into manufacturing his own parts and showed me some prototypes!

2801 - 2804 of 2804 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.