WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 2804 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I think Meranom is the only option. Atleast for now.

If I want Chinese watch with Japanese movement, I have a large selection available. But it would have nothing in common with Soviet era divers. And there is a reason why I am hanging at the 'Russian watches' instead of affordables or Chinese.

Currently Vostok dominates markets when it comes to Russian watches. And who should? There is no Slava (factory) anymore. There is no Poljot (factory) anymore. No more Zaryas are made.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
"дайверские часы" sounds really terrible for anyone who speaks Russian. It is like Spanglish slang. Even worst!!!!! It sound like someone is trying to be unnecessarily cool and blend into foreign society. Like an immigrant which pretends to forget Russian. Is it possible to change it for something normal?
Ehm, Comrade Helmpda suggested that, he he said it sounds good. :-s:-s:-s

I am not in charge of the project anymore, but if Admin and Chascomm agree perhaps we can receive more feedback from the Russian members.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ehm, Comrade Helmpda suggested that, he he said it sounds good. :-s:-s:-s

I am not in charge of the project anymore, but if Admin and Chascomm agree perhaps we can receive more feedback from the Russian members.
No, it is not! It is actually really bad. The correct way to put it: "Часы для подводного спорта." or "Часы для подводного плавания". First one is better since there is more then one discipline in the underwater sports and this watch could be used for anyone of them. "Diving" it is one of variants and more like a slang because it has different official name in Russian.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
No, it is not! It is actually really bad. The correct way to put it: "Часы для подводного спорта." or "Часы для подводного плавания". First one is better since there is more then one discipline in the underwater sports and this watch could be used for anyone of them. "Diving" it is one of variants and more like a slang because it has different official name in Russian.
I ask Helmpda to answer to that, as I don't the language, I am pretty sure Chascomm will accept your input on the matter.

I am still in depending on final cost.

Sent from my SM-G928R4 using Tapatalk
As an Amphibia SE, that is the agreement.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Niet! That is not correct either. "Русские часы для подводного спорта". "Дайвинг" i.e. "diving" is more or less legal word since 2008 when the "sports diving" became an officially recognized sports discipline. Any way this is linguistic issue but there is a picture illustrated Russian opinion to this "intervention" Face Facial expression Chin Nose Forehead

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well, I'm hoping that Russian/russian speaking comrades can help spelling the caseback inscription in the best way.

With the sunburst case finish and the bullet crown as shown in pics, for me it's a winner

I'd like to ask if the bezel will be a variation of the SE "333" bezel (sloped) or flat, more like a "boris" bezel with an insert
thank you

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Definitely still in!

Love the chosen designs.

--

Don't want to open a can of worms but wanted to know if serial numbers could be assigned. I usually wouldn't ask but I'm currently #70 and 1970 is my birth year. That'd be pretty cool.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,391 Posts
Niet! That is not correct either. "Русские часы для подводного спорта". "Дайвинг" i.e. "diving" is more or less legal word since 2008 when the "sports diving" became an officially recognized sports discipline. Any way this is linguistic issue but there is a picture illustrated Russian opinion to this "intervention" View attachment 8971585
для подводного плавания. или глубоководного погружения. или для аквалангистов. или для акванавтов. думаю для акванавтов будет самое то.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sorry for all who does not read Russian, since it is easier for Russians speakers to come to the united point of view let me explain why I am recommending "Русские часы для подводного спорта" подводые виды спорта включают в себя десять дисциплин Акватлон, Апноэ (фридайвинг), Дайвинг, Ориентирование, Плавание в ластах, Подводная охота (подводная рыбалка), Подводная фотосъемка, Регби, Спортивная подводная стрельба, Хоккей. Поэтому если мы говорим Дайвинг, то мы исключаем все остальное, не говоря уже о том, что дайвинг подразумевает снаряжение вроде акваланга. И получается, что исключаются все остальные подводники, которые получестся не могут пользоваться этими часами.
I am just trying to be all inclusive and do not set aside snorkelers and breath holders.
Although I would also conciser "for aquanauts" per Amil recommendation it would sound VERY unique but grammatically correct "Часы Акванавтов" sounds superb but very provocative

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I'd like to ask if the bezel will be a variation of the SE "333" bezel (sloped) or flat, more like a "boris" bezel with an insert
thank you
For the bezel we are in contact with Mister Mike, who kindly shared the dimensions of the original Slava and he's available to support the project sending numbers and pictures...my original idea was too try to recreate the shape of the original bezel as closely as possible.

What is a price and where I can find spec. - width, l2l and so on?
Price: like an Amphibia SE (not more than $150, finalised by the numbers of subscriptions)

Dimensions: in order to contain costs and delivery time (and also to have a Russian case, as for instance the case of the NVCh-30 is not made in Russia) it was decided to be based on the existing 150 style, that looked like a good guess for the original Slava, here there are the dimensions:

Mister Mike's dimensions are:

Case: 40mm wide X 47mm tall
Inside lugs: 20mm
Outside lugs: 26mm
Dial/crystal: 30mm
Bezel: 40mm
Bezel insert width: 4mm
Bezel height: 3mm
Crown circumference: 7mm
Crown is approx. 3.5mm tall, but extends 5mm from the case when fully tightened.
As you can see the 150 is a good guess for the original Slava design, the only big difference is the lug dimension, 20mm instead of 22, but perhaps it's possible to ask Meranom to machine the case for a 20mm strap should it be considered necessary...unfortunately I don't have a 150 to measure the outside dimension of the lugs to compare it with the Slava, but it's possible the Vostok has thicker lugs.

The diameter of the crystal is 1mm smaller than the Vostok, so my recommendation in order to keep the proportions of the watch is to increase the outside diameter of the bezel to 41mm (also the Vostok is 41mm and not 40), so the bezel will remain 5mm thick with a 4mm insert.

I am waiting for Mike to give us the total thickness of the watch and the thickness of the back plate, that I consider some of the most important dimensions in order to evaluate the wearability of this case, as already discussed in the last year the thickness of the new backplates have increased but for what I see I expect the Slava to have a lower profile on the wrist, that would make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The case back is going to be a real deal breaker here. I think it is very important the native Russian speakers give us an appropriate wording before going ahead and ordering the finished продакт. Though he is not a кофаундер of the project, Kirill's фидбэк has shown that in our haste to get the project design finished our вижн may not be 20/20. As a фокус-группа we had something of a факап previously but it does look like there may be some aspects of the watch that need tweaking. Hopefully this will not present too much of a челлендж. There is no дэдлайн, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mr. hseldon, you got it right!
I start thinking that Aquanaut is valid but in Russian it has a sort of provocative connotation since it sounds very similar as "Alkonaut" - one of names for alcoholic. But if we have a unique touch on the case back it should say Часы для настоящих Акванавтов!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Niet! That is not correct either. "Русские часы для подводного спорта". "Дайвинг" i.e. "diving" is more or less legal word since 2008 when the "sports diving" became an officially recognized sports discipline. Any way this is linguistic issue but there is a picture illustrated Russian opinion to this "intervention"
"Русские часы для подводного спорта для ношения в офисе" :)

diver watch = "Дайверские часы" OR "Водолазные часы"
watch for diving = "часы для подводного плавания"

no sport! only office! only hardcore!!! :)

by the way - professional holiday in Russia May 5 - Day of the diver - note as professional divers ("Водолаз" in Russian) and amateurs divers ("divers").

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mr. hseldon, you got it right!
I start thinking that Aquanaut is valid but in Russian it has a sort of provocative connotation since it sounds very similar as "Alkonaut" - one of names for alcoholic. But if we have a unique touch on the case back it should say Часы для настоящих Акванавтов!
"Aquanaut" not russian word like "astronaut"

21 - 40 of 2804 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.