WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i need some opinions about a broad Arrow Cyma dial, i want to buy this watch and i want to be sure that is not a redial.
The "Y" from "Cyma" has an unusual shape, but searching on the internet, i found a similar dial.
So, the first picture is of the watch i want to buy, the second picture is with a similar dial

cymaww2.jpg

and the same lettering "Y"

cymadial2.jpg

thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Is that supposed to be a ww2 w.w.w. issue? Its not a dial variation I have seen before.

Are there any other marks on the case - issue number? broad arrow? etc...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, movement, caseback, case, everything looks to be ok,with right markings.
just the dial is the problem, i want to be sure that is not a redial

cymaww2a.jpg

cymaww2b.jpg

Is that supposed to be a ww2 w.w.w. issue? Its not a dial variation I have seen before.

Are there any other marks on the case - issue number? broad arrow? etc...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
The dial is not right. Or if it is right, it is an unusual variant that I have not seen before. The CYMA logo is wrong, as you suspect, but also the typography of the numerals doesn't appear correct. And I've never seen a CYMA WWW that had numbers around the seconds sub-dial. All the CYMAs I have seen have hash marks around the sub-dial and no numbers. Also, the pheon looks not quite right to me. And the spacing between the 12, the word CYMA, and the pheon are also off.

Everything else looks ok to me.

Do you have a copy of Kondrad Knirim's book? Lots of good information on WWW's there.

Here is a picture of mine, if it is helpful. Mine has its original radium dial.

Kind Regards,

Myron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts