WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through some photos of my late Grandfather last night when I found a picture of him in France during WWII. In the photo, he was opening a gift from my Grandmother. On the back of the photo he had written a note. The note said that his friend took this picture while he opening the present (the watch) that she had sent to him. It occured to me that he had an old watch in his jewelry box.

I am trying to find out about this watch. I found it in his old jewelry box.

It is a Buren with the words "Rotowind" and the serial number on the back is 665202. The movement inside the watch indicates that it is 17j and has a movement number of 419760.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this watch or its approximate value. The watch still works. On the face of the watch, it has a reserve power dial that also works. I simply wound the watch, and it runs just fine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think the watch in the jewelry box must be one he bought later, I'm sure the Rotowind didnt come until 1953/4, does it look like this

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
You might want to consider posting your question on the Vintage forum as well to see what sort of responses you get.

Mike

·
Registered
639 Posts
Value?

To me it's simple.

A watch from my grandfather would be priceless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts