WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would Watchuseek do? :)

I'm planning a trip to Hawaii in May, and of course, am now debating which watch(es?) to take with me.

Option 1: Omega Seamaster 300m. Obviously this is the best one for being in the water! I'd need to find a rubber strap that fits well, but I've done some searching and it seems like those rubber deployant ones that you have to cut down to size would probably work. My concern is that I don't want to bash up my precious while hiking/diving/surfing/whatever. Maybe I just need to get over this and let it acquire some "character"?

Option 2: Seiko 5 Military. It's rated to 50m and I am surely not skilled enough to go deeper. Need to grab a cheap nylon NATO for it. Super cheap so if I ended up busting this watch somehow, it would be fine.

Option 3: Buy a new watch? b-) I don't have anything that is truly meant to take abuse, so I was thinking of grabbing a Baby-G. The alarms and multiple timezone functionality would be useful. It'd be great to take on hikes and snowboarding trips closer to home, too.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Product Strap

Option 4: Open to your suggestions. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
What would Watchuseek do? :)

I'm planning a trip to Hawaii in May, and of course, am now debating which watch(es?) to take with me.

Option 3: Buy a new watch? b-) I don't have anything that is truly meant to take abuse, so I was thinking of grabbing a Baby-G. The alarms and multiple timezone functionality would be useful. It'd be great to take on hikes and snowboarding trips closer to home, too.

View attachment 1032273

Option 4: Open to your suggestions. :)
Definitely the Baby-G! I've got a Baby coming in the mail today. Whatever you choose, have fun!
Becky

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd take the Omega. Think of the WOMW pictures you could take! o_O To be fair though, I like wabi on a watch so that might be an issue but I think the Omega would be able to handle anything.

Kim

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh, come on. This is WUS. The only sensible answer is "buy another watch". :-d

Otherwise, I'd be tempted to vote for the Seamaster. It's meant to go underwater! A dive watch without coral scrapes is like an SUV with no gravel scars.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Buy a watch there! It'll make a great souvenir. See if you can find one of these:

In4Mation Hawai'ian streetwear Limited edition from a couple of years ago. You can still find them if you look. Has the Aloha backlight and a tide graph, too.:-d
If this one isn't easy to find, there's probably a newer LE on the market.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just be sure to mind the sand on the beaches, especially if you take a more expensive or high-sentimental-value watch. I don't know the effect sand would have on a sapphire crystal (which I'm assuming your Omega has), but my Timex picked up some scratches -- although it should be noted I was doing research, so I was digging in the sand, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts