WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or at least, complete for now. New info just never seems to stop coming up! :)

I've dedicated the 'final' version of the article to the memory of Chuck Maddox. The detail and scholarship of his works was directly inspirational, and indeed it took the news of his death to motivate me to go on and complete the article, that I might attempt to share in the way he did. Good luck and Godspeed, Chuck.

Omega X-33 Article

Regards,
-r

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
It's looking good Ryan. Even in its earlier form, its got a lot of positive feedback whenever someone was pointed towards it. You and Mike have done a stirling job. I've only just had a quick glance over it whilst I'm having breakfast. I'll take a proper in depth look later :-!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks for this Ryan!

I just got done reading it and very useful information and a good read |>

Or at least, complete for now. New info just never seems to stop coming up! :)

I've dedicated the 'final' version of the article to the memory of Chuck Maddox. The detail and scholarship of his works was directly inspirational, and indeed it took the news of his death to motivate me to go on and complete the article, that I might attempt to share in the way he did. Good luck and Godspeed, Chuck.

Omega X-33 Article

Regards,
-r

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Damn Ryan! Still one of the best and most informative articles on my most favorite watch! Tell Mike I said "hello". John Wilson.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's looking good Ryan. Even in its earlier form, its got a lot of positive feedback whenever someone was pointed towards it.
That's for sure. Though supposedly circulating in an "unfinished draft" state for more than a year now, it must be among the most halfheartedly-kept secrets in WIS history. :)

In all seriousness, it was only the chance contact with some very knowledgeable persons through Mike's website and the realization that no one had assembled all the various bits of knowledge about the X-33 into a cohesive work that made us even think of doing such a feature - it really started out far less ambitious. Seeing the detail and quality of Chuck's work on other Speedmaster models and hoping for another link on Chuck's page was even more inspirational. But sadly, it was only Chuck's death that made me realize I had dallied far too long it putting it to print. Good luck and Godspeed, Chuck...

Regards, -r

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Very informative of a watch on my 'want list' !!!:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts