WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
X-33 Availaibility: help me please!

I am slowly warming up to the idea of buying an X-33. I usually tend to avoid quartz because of personal taste, but that X-33 has a mystique that is drawing me in :-d .

I have read that they are discontinued, but will remain available for "special" special orders (i.e., reserved for pilots and people in the flight industries, and limited to orders of ten (10) or more units at the same time).

A few questions:
Should I rush my decision and buy one in the near future for fear they will suddenly go up heavily in value (I don't really have the funds now, maybe early next year)?

Are there any new ones (NOS) left in the A.D. networks, or generally they can only be found in the previously owned market?

Because they can be special ordered, is it generally expected they will remain available for years to come on the secondary markets?​

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Re: X-33 Availaibility: help me please!

I am slowly warming up to the idea of buying an X-33. I usually tend to avoid quartz because of personal taste, but that X-33 has a mystique that is drawing me in :-d .

I have read that they are discontinued, but will remain available for "special" special orders (i.e., reserved for pilots and people in the flight industries, and limited to orders of ten (10) or more units at the same time).

A few questions:
Should I rush my decision and buy one in the near future for fear they will suddenly go up heavily in value (I don't really have the funds now, maybe early next year)?​

Are there any new ones (NOS) left in the A.D. networks, or generally they can only be found in the previously owned market?​

Because they can be special ordered, is it generally expected they will remain available for years to come on the secondary markets?​
my predition is that prices will steadily increase as more people realise what an iconic watch this is. their lack of availability and the fact that some owners will use them will make good examples harder to find. the special order market is not likely to dent this demand. also, special order watches are unlikely to be unused and many will likely be customized, a feature i avoid like the plague.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts

A few questions:
Should I rush my decision and buy one in the near future for fear they will suddenly go up heavily in value (I don't really have the funds now, maybe early next year)?

Are there any new ones (NOS) left in the A.D. networks, or generally they can only be found in the previously owned market?

#1. I wish I could predict the future,that's a hard one to answer. Save your money and keep a vigilant eye. #2. Both. You'll have to do some detective work. #3. I'm sure. From what I understand they (who receive the X-33's) cannot sell them for five years. But come on,what's Omega going to do call the watch Police. John Wilson.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aaaaaaaaaah, :thanks exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

I know I'm going to do some detective work, but I was hoping someone had already done this work and I could just profit from the knowledge b-)

'Iconic' is exactly the term that comes to mind with the X-33; I just wish it was a tad bigger.....

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

many will likely be customized, a feature i avoid like the plague.
Any particular reason to avoid customs? A long term service concern, perhaps?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts

Any particular reason to avoid customs? A long term service concern, perhaps?
i just don't like watches that have associations that have no conection with me. in my book, if you wear a watch with an a F16 fighter squadron logo on you should at least have some association with that logo. i'd simply feel a bit of a fraud if i didn't have any association to the logo.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
'Iconic' is exactly the term that comes to mind with the X-33; I just wish it was a tad bigger.....
i know there is a fashion for big watches but don't be deceived. the X-33 is quite a big and chunky watch. if anything, the positive LCD display make it look a bit smaller than it really is.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts

i just don't like watches that have associations that have no conection with me. in my book, if you wear a watch with an a F16 fighter squadron logo on you should at least have some association with that logo. i'd simply feel a bit of a fraud if i didn't have any association to the logo.
Balderdash! John Wilson.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
i know there is a fashion for big watches but don't be deceived. the X-33 is quite a big and chunky watch. if anything, the positive LCD display make it look a bit smaller than it really is.
Ditto NSC. Chunky and funky! I feel a RAP coming on! John Wilson.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ditto NSC. Chunky and funky! I feel a RAP coming on! John Wilson.
My X-33 is the very best;
much better than all the rest;
I've bought them all so there are none for you;
Nothing left for you to do;
People really wanna be like me;
but they can't 'cause I have an X-33....

Ok. I'll keep my regular job for a while. John

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
What versions of X-33 are there besides the Generation 1 and Generation 2? any special limited edition models?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

here in Scandinavia, Northern Europe, we still possibly have some X33's at AD's. They are several years old, and the three samples that I have seen during this year are all 1st gen models. The one I saw this summer even had the X33 original red kevlar strap on it. I could have bought one of those with 30% discount (originally 2700euros with band, or 2200euros with strap), but decided to buy 2nd gen from Ebay. I am quite sure AD's would be more than happy to sell those watches ;-) Br, Mikko

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
1000GBP for the Gen2 model. isnt that pricey?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts