WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AD had no idea what I wanted when I asked for a full service.

Was assisted and told that no they do not do them at the store, the watch needs to be sent out.

Waited 1.5 weeks, get a call from AD, estimate is $250. hmm, that's way too low. What does estimate include? Battery change, new gasket.

I told him I asked for a full service. Now I begin to wait once again for another estimate. o|

Next post will be re estimate #2...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I've heard good and bad from Swatch Toronto Service centers :( Lets hope yours turns out for the better :)

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Good luck with that one - just had a major fiasco with one that was sent in for a full service. And by the way full service = swapping the movement = $650 or there abouts.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hopeit goes better once the instructions are cleared up as well. I had a pusher that did not work properly, and was hyped into it by all you guys with the thermocompensated movements!!

I use it as an alarm when travelling and had one morning where everything was reset when I woke up, time date, everything.

I assume about $650 given the prices from the Omega website.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Correct a full service replaces the movement. As for 250 for a simple battery change and gasket too? shesssh the boutique here in NYC charged me 30 for a battery change and pressure test.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Yep mine is back with Swatch Toronto for a third time presently (initially it went in for full service in February if I recall correctly, it's been a long time). I thought it was ok last time back, but there ended up being a sort of shadow on the display that was evident when the backlight was on. I took it to Swatch to ask what that was, and they indicated it was a defective display/movement module, and so it is being replaced right now.

Good news is in speaking to the customer service rep she was able to tell me they are replacing it with the TC 1666D movement.

I hope to have it back this week.

Cheers,
HBL

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the call today, $650 plus tax, approx 4 weeks. Hope they got all their training in on HBL's and mine comes back right the first time. ;)

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Got the call today, $650 plus tax, approx 4 weeks. Hope they got all their training in on HBL's and mine comes back right the first time. ;)
Heh... well they've had some practice! ; ) I'm sure yours will be fine. Planning to pick mine up on Friday if I have time, looking forward to having it back.

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Just to close the loop on this if anyone is interested... On this auspicious anniversary of the first moon landing, I picked up my "other moon watch" from Swatch Canada a couple of hours ago, and am happy to report that everything finally looks to be in proper and good form and function. Happy to relax and enjoy this piece again along with the others. Cheers, HBL.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You see the new darker green light? I have 2 gen 2's and one is more of a teal / bluish color (C version) while the serviced D version was the more vivid green light

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
You see the new darker green light? I have 2 gen 2's and one is more of a teal / bluish color (C version) while the serviced D version was the more vivid green light
I'm not really sure about the whole different colour thing... I just took a couple of snaps in different light, you can compare to your own I guess. I don't really have much to compare these to with the old movement. Definitely looks green(er) with some more light around it... the pic on the right is in a darker surrounding. Both are iPhone pics. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Weird, I got the call that my watch is already back?! Hope it got the full service, a week is mighty quick turnaround.

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Weird, I got the call that my watch is already back?! Hope it got the full service, a week is mighty quick turnaround.
That's way too quick. :-(

I hope they didn't just change the battery. Interested to see what old parts are in the little baggie you will receive with your watch. ;-)

HTH

ETA: When I received mine back from its full service it came looking like this:

With a little bag of replaced parts:

And a testing/calibration verification card:

;-)

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Check definitively what they did/didn't do... After getting mine back as reported above, I noticed it was losing over half a second a day with a brand new TC 1666 movement. Called Swatch again, and they said that's not right (no kidding) so it's back with them for a fourth time now. I have no idea what they're doing down there if they can't even check the time a watch is keeping and calibrate it to spec before they give it back to a customer.

Hope yours turns out well.

Cheers,
HBL

P.S. I have never received a post-service summary card like Gaijin's above any of the multiple times mine has been returned. Would be nice to see some indication of work done. Maybe it's a local thing.

·
6,880 Posts
Geesh... You can't win for losing, HBL. What's the saying? Fourth times the charm?

All kidding aside, hope it gets sorted this time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts