WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello WUS,

Looking to buy a watch from the current Suunto ABC lineup. Is the X-Lander the most durable of the Suunto watches? Need a Suunto that can handle a little abuse & some rough environments.
Not necessarily "G-Shock tough" but in the same ballpark. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Ambit 1 can be bought now in Australia for about the same price as the X-Lander and other Suunto ABC watches. It must rate up there as being one of the tougher ones and appears a stronger watch than my core. Unfortunately I don't have a X-lander to compare with my Ambit but I think the Ambit has a higher waterproof rating than the X-lander.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, downunder. I've seen the Ambit and it is quite impressive. It's still rather pricey here in the states and I'm not sure that I want a watch that I have to recharge every 3-4 weeks. I already have a handheld GPS so a watch with GPS for me would be a bit overkill.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
X lander and vector are pretty tough. But that x lander has a soft metal case. It can scratch. X lander has a glass crystal. Vector has plastic. The plastic buffs out quite nicely. I think the vector may take wear a bit better.

That said if you wsnt TOUGH get s G Shock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts