WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the less available something is, the more desirable it becomes.
i guess that's why hunting for NOS treasures is such an excitement.
here's what i found recently: the X-treme G-LIDE DWX-100.

guessing from G-PS and the 25th anniversary G-shock magazine,
this watch was released in 1998 as the 1st in the G-Lide series.

the photos:
1) the asymetrical design, ala frogman, of course attract attention right away. the function, other than time, are stopwatch, timer, and alarm. it's a pretty basic module. also the 5th button is not dedicated to light only. in stopwatch and timer function, the 5th button is the start/stop button; and the light is moved to the 4 o-clock position button. in time keeping and alarm function, the 5th is the light button.
2) given the age, the strap has discoloration, and now looks different from the bezel
3) the left buttons are also not similar, between the adjust and the mode button
4) the plastic buckle
5) WR20bar -- old style

ok...have a great weekend to all

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Odd little fella. For some reason the first thing that popped into my head was a shark :-s

·
Registered
189 Posts
Great watch :-! they don't show up much .
Here's an old pic of mine , I call them the "Poor Man's Frog" ;-) .

best regards Scott.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'm really liking that yellow one-- really stands out! :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
very nice!

found the same watch nos a while ago.

and i call it also "poor mans frog" :p:p:p

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
also the 5th button is not dedicated to light only. in stopwatch and timer function, the 5th button is the start/stop button; and the light is moved to the 4 o-clock position button. in time keeping and alarm function, the 5th is the light button.

Very cool feature; is that the only model which has it?? :think:

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
What, I didn't post my reply a week ago? Probably pushed the wrong button. Great catch Tofu, The DWX-100 series are something special. I was doing some research last weekend and also found these were the first JP G-Lide models (Europe was earlier with a DW-6900E model, comparable with the JP DW-6900E model I think November 1996).

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 20 of 23 Posts