WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

X-treme G-LIDE DWX-100-3T

10K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  tribe125 
#1 · (Edited)
the less available something is, the more desirable it becomes.
i guess that's why hunting for NOS treasures is such an excitement.
here's what i found recently: the X-treme G-LIDE DWX-100.

guessing from G-PS and the 25th anniversary G-shock magazine,
this watch was released in 1998 as the 1st in the G-Lide series.

the photos:
1) the asymetrical design, ala frogman, of course attract attention right away. the function, other than time, are stopwatch, timer, and alarm. it's a pretty basic module. also the 5th button is not dedicated to light only. in stopwatch and timer function, the 5th button is the start/stop button; and the light is moved to the 4 o-clock position button. in time keeping and alarm function, the 5th is the light button.
2) given the age, the strap has discoloration, and now looks different from the bezel
3) the left buttons are also not similar, between the adjust and the mode button
4) the plastic buckle
5) WR20bar -- old style

ok...have a great weekend to all

Attachments

See less See more
#19 ·
What, I didn't post my reply a week ago? Probably pushed the wrong button. Great catch Tofu, The DWX-100 series are something special. I was doing some research last weekend and also found these were the first JP G-Lide models (Europe was earlier with a DW-6900E model, comparable with the JP DW-6900E model I think November 1996).

Cheers,

Sjors

#22 ·
got this one.

was kinda rough, i removed the remnants of the G-lide print, dyed the discolored strap and painted the ring under the bezel.

althouh i always thought the asymmetric watches were not for me, i find it quite comfortable and would wear it moreoften if it wasn´t such a basic module - or even as a basic module if teh digits were bigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.