WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Suunto in December and now I notice that the rubber padding covering the buttons is coming loose.

Does anyone know if this is normal or will it cause a problem with water damage?
Suunto say I must send it in, but Finland is along way off, so want to get a second opinion before sending it to them.

pictures of the problem.
IMG523.jpg
IMG524.jpg
IMG525.jpg

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Did you take the watch band off? There are four little tags that slip into the watchband to hold it close to the case. Often these tags break causing the watchband to slip- typically when removing or putting on the watchband. No it will not affect waterproof-ness as the case itself is sealed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you take the watch band off? There are four little tags that slip into the watchband to hold it close to the case. Often these tags break causing the watchband to slip- typically when removing or putting on the watchband. No it will not affect waterproof-ness as the case itself is sealed.
I did not remove the strap, will try and remove the strap carefully and see if I can fix the band.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clips is still intact it just pulls away when all 4 clips is securely in.
Only when I un-clip one side slightly, it fits securely around the casing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts