WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, New to forum and after reading many reviews I am leaning towards purchasing X10. Like the idea of a GPS built into a great looking watch. So I thought I might kill two birds with one stone. For hiking and mountain biking Gps use without need for seperate hand held, easier on the bike. Also maybe I would try geocaching, never tried it sounds fun out and about. So guys would the X10 suit this activity by loading it with cache co-ordinates etc. Your views and experience would be much appreciated.
Cheers.:)

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Welcome.

IMHO the X9-X10 would not be very good for geocaching. Maybe as a backup of course. But IMHO you REALLY want that feedback that a full screen gives you for caching.

I got into Geocaching about 2 years ago. It is a blast. My wife and I have already been out a few times this year. She got her first cache last month!

Never even tried my X9 for caching... the hand held is really so much better. It tells me down to a few feet. And the readings are quick and accurate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did do few geocaches with X10 and it works quite well. It may be easier with the full screen GPS unit with map, but with the X10 it is fine. I can still find them just fine. I like the fact that the X10 is a GPS watch so I do not need to carry another piece of equipment.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys for your input. I can understand it being easier for caching with a seperate hand held with mapping etc. However like the previous poster states the watch does eliminate the need for another piece of equipment which will rely on and need battery charging as well and with the watch on my wrist I will not forget it or lose it. I need to buy a new watch anyway so the cost of X10 works out about the same as a good seperate gps unit and I could still use the watch for hiking/biking. Am I right in thinking that if I download the caching details and routes from mapping software off my laptop the X10 will navigate me to that location.
Sorry if its a dumb question, I have not done this gps thing before.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I'm really not that familiar with the X10, but I'm guessing it would download your waypoints and
hints,...and all, but I agree with some others here. The screen may be a little small for the waypoints and notes on the X10.
I do Geocaching and I use a Garmin eTrex Venture CX.
That screen on it is small enough, and it's way bigger then the X10. I do use my Vector or X-Lander though sometimes for their Compass. It actually seems easier to use their compass then the GPS compass.
Regards Sonny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts