WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm bumping this thread because I want to share my complete and utter flabbergastedness (is that a word?). I like the Watchismo Facebook page and read their updates. I saw some posts about the Xeriscope and found a lot of wrong information about the origin of the movement and the pedigree of the brand. I mentioned the Chinese origin of the movement, the fact that the movement is NOT a tourbillon and that similar brands, like Monte Wehro, produce watches with the same caroussel movement. All my posts have been deleted from their Facebook! I was perfectly polite and respectful... I have no idea what to think of this. :(
Whoa. That is very underhanded right there.
Definitely not a company I will ever buy from if that is how they treat their customers.

I would like to point out that it is technically a tourbillon, just one that makes a complete rotation once every twelve hours instead of every minute.
It's still neat, but not worth the asking price, and especially not if they are trying to hide what it really is to puff themselves up.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'm bumping this thread because I want to share my complete and utter flabbergastedness (is that a word?). I like the Watchismo Facebook page and read their updates. I saw some posts about the Xeriscope and found a lot of wrong information about the origin of the movement and the pedigree of the brand. I mentioned the Chinese origin of the movement, the fact that the movement is NOT a tourbillon and that similar brands, like Monte Wehro, produce watches with the same caroussel movement. All my posts have been deleted from their Facebook! I was perfectly polite and respectful... I have no idea what to think of this. :(
U mad flying dutchman, vous avez créé un tourbillon de l'eau sur le facebook.lol
Joking aside, not funny at all

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
I would like to point out that it is technically a tourbillon, just one that makes a complete rotation once every twelve hours instead of every minute.
If I leave my watch on my desk, the whole escapement mechanism rotates once every 24 hours too. :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Pledge at the 1$ amount on Kickstarter. Then post anything youd like in the comments section. They wouldnt be able to delete those unless they reach out to Kickstarter themselves. But if you keep your professionalism and use proper wording (indirectly taking a dump on their forehead, politely), they would have no grounds in deleting your comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,149 Posts
Very mushroomy. Not a bad thing in general, it's just that the price doesn't reflect this. This is a Sea-Gull movement though. Let me try and find it, I've seen it before.
Not Sea-Gull. Calibre ST-1201 design registered to PTS Resources, Hong Kong, probably manufactured by Shandong Liaocheng Zhong Tai Watch Company.

The case looks just like some that are made by Million Smart Enterprises, Hong Kong (factory in Shenzhen), but that could be coincidental.

The dial is rather more elegant than some that I've seen. Nice use of colour in the various metal finishes. And I like the minute hand. It's not really as unusual as they claim, but $350 doesn't seem outrageous.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Not Sea-Gull. Calibre ST-1201 design registered to PTS Resources, Hong Kong, probably manufactured by Shandong Liaocheng Zhong Tai Watch Company.

The case looks just like some that are made by Million Smart Enterprises, Hong Kong (factory in Shenzhen), but that could be coincidental.

The dial is rather more elegant than some that I've seen. Nice use of colour in the various metal finishes. And I like the minute hand. It's not really as unusual as they claim, but $350 doesn't seem outrageous.
Good info! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,505 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
The same thing is happened to me,yesterday I wrote a comment on the Watchismo' facebook page,I mentioned the origin of the chinese movement(for me the caliber is a Sea-Gull),the comment I done was respectful and serious(not offensive)just my personal opinion...this morning with my great surprise the comment was deleted...what I can think now of this watch...?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I, for one, love this watch. It uses the PTS Resources (Chinese) ST-1201, commonly called a 12-hour tourbillon. It qualifies as a tourbillon because the escapement orbits around itself.

I have a watch in my collection with this movement and, though it is somewhat ostentatious, it's a beautiful thing to see.

But this movement is not worth much more than $200 when cased in stainless steel and strapped to genuine leather.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I, for one, love this watch. It uses the PTS Resources (Chinese) ST-1201, commonly called a 12-hour tourbillon. It qualifies as a tourbillon because the escapement orbits around itself.

I have a watch in my collection with this movement and, though it is somewhat ostentatious, it's a beautiful thing to see.

But this movement is not worth much more than $200 when cased in stainless steel and strapped to genuine leather.
I found this article on the net...
Xeriscope Watches - kickstarter scam xeriscope watches, Review 689768 | Complaints Board

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
This complaintsboard post betrays a critical lack of understanding for the nature of the watch industry. The poster cites a variety of watches using the same movement, but seems ignorant to the fact that movements come in different grades, labor does not cost the same across different manufacturers, cases/straps/dials have different costs and more. The user is merely seeing the same movement and assuming Xeric must be price-gouging.

While The Xeriscope is almost certainly overpriced versus its contemporaries, making that argument only on the ground that another watch has the same movement is completely foolish.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts