·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Re: XXXXX Seiko A Go Go ººº Thursday October 27 2011 XXXXX

bfs today

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
For the moment this is on my wrist. Arrived Wednesday. Highest serial number from 3/69 production known at this time, this watch joins the lowest serial number from 3/69 production which I own. Together they prove Seiko had produced over 7,000 automatic chronographs by the end of March. A total which exceeds the entire combined first year production of automatic chronographs by Zenith and the Hamilton, Buren Breitling and Dubois Depraz consortium, the other companies which claimed to have produced the world's first automatic chronographs. Seiko's competitors didn't release their first automatic chronos to the market until June and having 7000+ watches in hand by the end of March it is very likely that Seiko was also the first company with automatic chronographs on the market.

Later today it is going to my watchmaker for a full service and to get a correct original two piece sweep hand installed. With a little luck the watchmaker will have my 6159-7010 no "M" done and that will go on my wrist.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Sorry no Seiko A Go Go oº˚, but it's a Speedy A Go Go oº˚
DSC03049.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts