WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won an auction through fromjapan as described in the how-to section here, and am patiently waiting for my "charge 1" email. It's been 24 hours. I don't want to lose my precious win! Anyone here been through this process before? How much longer should it be before I receive my email describing how to pay? :-(

·
Registered
78 Posts
So u have won the auction right? Then log into from japan and next to the time display under ur name there r some grey icons. Click "My Page" then there is a list of icons "next to "My Page", click "winning items" to check the staus and from there u have some options to pay. I can't tell u more because i have no items in that section to simulate the process.

C how u go and reply if u need further help.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The item shows a status of "Won", but I don't see any place to pay.

But, I see there are lots of other statuses my item can move to. Maybe I just need to be more patient? :think:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went back through my emails, and as soon as I won I got an email advising me to pay charge 1. It is also written on their website that if no payment is received within 48hrs they will deduct the charge from yoru deposit.

During the bidding process did u recieve emails saying you were currently the highest bidder? Then did u get an email saying you had won the auction?

I think you should send them an email, they responded very quickly to my queries, within 24 hrs. I don't think u need to worry because worse comes to worse they deduct charge 1 form your deposit and then when the item arrives send u charge 2, which u have 2 weeks to sort out b4 they dispose of your item.

Sorry I can't offer anymore help.:oops:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It's the weekend. There is no one in the office until monday morning in Japan. You'll hear from them soon. |>

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the weekend. There is no one in the office until monday morning in Japan. You'll hear from them soon. |>
You were right! I eventually received all the emails I was expecting and was able to pay for my purchase. :-! I should have started with something a little less spendy so it wouldn't be so harrowing!! ;-)

·
Registered
336 Posts
So what will the total damage be with shipping and fees? And is 29.800yen the going rate for that model on Yahoo Japan Auctions? Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So what will the total damage be with shipping and fees? And is 29.800yen the going rate for that model on Yahoo Japan Auctions? Thanks.
So far they are in to me for 32,865JPY, which is ~307USD. Then I pay "charge 2" which is basically shipping to the US plus some more commission. :roll: I expect the final damage to be somewhere around 350 US when all is said and done, but TBD since I've never done this before.

I can't say on what the going rate is - I just looked around for one night and it seemed to be the going rate for a handful of the same item, so I went for it. b-) Pretty depressing when you see the original sticker price is 17000JPY - so I pay double. :-:)-:)-(

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If your final bill after getting the watch in your hands is US$350. Then I'd say that is quite a good price for that watch. :-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts