WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just found such great watches on Yahoo Japan and this may be stupid but is there any way to change it to english or find out how to buy/order from this website? Also all the best watches say seller will not ship internationally so does that mean that I am pretty much beat?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have just found such great watches on Yahoo Japan and this may be stupid but is there any way to change it to english or find out how to buy/order from this website? Also all the best watches say seller will not ship internationally so does that mean that I am pretty much beat?
The Japanese tend to not want to sell to foreigners (gaijin). I believe it has to do (in part) with the ease of using local bank transfers. This is also common in countries like Germany (is that correct, Sjors?).

That being said, there are some bidding services mentioned in older threads that have varying degrees of success (rinkya, fromjapan...etc). I hate to say it, but for the most part, it is a closed market though.

You could of course learn japanese and move there:) .

·
Registered
165 Posts
rinkya, shoppingmalljapan, fromjapan etc are a few of these bidding agents that will charge you exorbitant fees :rodekaart to buy anything on Yahoo Japan. For a $200 watch the fee works out to approximatey $40 O| (a very rough figure).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts