WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I like the rose gold & black color combo on 3 hand watches. For some reason the crown & pushers just don't look right on that watch, and dauphine hands don't fit with the dial either. It could be worse though.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Not my style.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
I generally quite like watches in that style but that one just didn't do out for me. Can't quite put my finger on why, the dial somehow feels a bit sparse.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Better and cleaner MIDO watches exist. Quite often less is more (in terms of design). This one is an inch overboard in my books.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I haven't seen many watches so far that indicate the date like that. Do they make a ss/black face variant of this watch? I feel like that combo might make more of the design.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I haven't seen many watches so far that indicate the date like that.
Look at the Longines Master chronograph and the Omega Speedmaster triple date chronograph. A few members here have them - same layout and pointer date with the same Valjoux 775x variant inside.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Not a black dial, but ...

(borrowed image)

There's still something slightly "off" about the watch, now that Dennis points out, it might be the pushers ... Of course, visibility/readability will be even worse in this incarnation.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Dauphine hands need to be on a fancier watch IMO. Here's a good example:

THAT'S a good looking & balanced chronograph. If that Eberhard had a rose gold case with rose gold hands & dial furniture it would be HOT!!! This watch has a much better balance with smaller pushers and a less obtrusive crown.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Watches are the last true indulgence, the one thing you'll buy just for you. If it calls to you buddy, go for it.

If it were me? Nay.

DS

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Dennis, I agree with the hands AND pushers. For instance, the same kind of pushers and crown as the Mido are present on my El Primero -

However, it exudes a slightly sportier vibe due to the luminous markers/numerals and hands (along with the shape of the hands and the tachy scale). It seems to work in this case ...

However, having said that, if the OP likes the watch (perhaps wait a bit and see if you still like it after the passage of some time) ... go for it!

PS: That Eberhard looks great!

·
Registered
941 Posts
'Nay'. I don't think it knows if it's Arthur or Marther. Most of Mido's work is fairly minimalist and this one has some clean space around 3, but then there's complications everywhere else on the dial.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts