WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Yay or nay

3K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  09.ducati 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I generally quite like watches in that style but that one just didn't do out for me. Can't quite put my finger on why, the dial somehow feels a bit sparse.

#8 ·
Better and cleaner MIDO watches exist. Quite often less is more (in terms of design). This one is an inch overboard in my books.

#12 ·
Not a black dial, but ...

(borrowed image)

There's still something slightly "off" about the watch, now that Dennis points out, it might be the pushers ... Of course, visibility/readability will be even worse in this incarnation.

#14 ·
Dauphine hands need to be on a fancier watch IMO. Here's a good example:

THAT'S a good looking & balanced chronograph. If that Eberhard had a rose gold case with rose gold hands & dial furniture it would be HOT!!! This watch has a much better balance with smaller pushers and a less obtrusive crown.

#16 · (Edited)
Dennis, I agree with the hands AND pushers. For instance, the same kind of pushers and crown as the Mido are present on my El Primero -

However, it exudes a slightly sportier vibe due to the luminous markers/numerals and hands (along with the shape of the hands and the tachy scale). It seems to work in this case ...

However, having said that, if the OP likes the watch (perhaps wait a bit and see if you still like it after the passage of some time) ... go for it!

PS: That Eberhard looks great!

#21 ·
Nay to gold-plate as it pretends to be something it is not (solid gold) and it wears out.

#29 ·
If the S/s version was a little bit more sportier/chunkier, it would be quite perfect. It is a little too dainty for my taste.

If they madeone in Pink Gold, it would look like Elton John's Tool watch.

#31 ·
I like the rose gold, only generally speaking, and as G-F asks, is it plated or is it solid rose gold? I also like the black leather strap. I don't like how the date is indicated by another central hand - I may like it if the hand was at the edge on the ring to point towards the date, but I would have to see this in this rendering. Moreover, although I can tell the analog time without the hour indicators, it is still rather annoying for me to do without the hour indices. Overall, I would have to say NAY.

#33 ·
Typically a style I like (ie Limes above or Longines Complication) however not a fan of the Mido in this case. I like the SS version better though for what thats worth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.