WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one or two of your watches gives you the feeling like, "Yea, I know what I'm doing". Either as an enthusiast or collector. Compare your choices with others watches for the quality, popularity, value = quality, etc. that you've learned throughout your time with watches.

Mine have to be these two. A step up from the affordable choices from Seiko/Citizen/etc.

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
I know most will say Oris, but I think the Glycine does personally. To a watch snob (not exclusively there are reasons to choose it other than the brand) it'll be the Oris simply because of the brand IMHO.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Yea I know what I'm doing bud, leave me alone!

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
These two. Neither of these make sense to newcomers in the hobby. One made of "fragile" ceramic and has to be wound every day, the other has an almost identical rubber version that can be found for around $100

Watch Photograph Analog watch White Light

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
There are certain watches that, when you see them on someones wrist, you know their interest goes beyond the "I bought a nice watch and I know nothing else about them".

So, to me, it's more like "I know only a true watch lover would purchase that watch", which I guess equates to "I know what I'm doing".

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Perhaps these 2. I feel they represent quality watches for a good price, some classic design characteristics, a little bit of heritage and a bit of in house.

Great Bauhaus design, in house movement, and manual wind movement.

And the Sinn with its pilot hands, great contrast and visibility.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Mine have to be these two. A step up from the affordable choices from Seiko/Citizen/etc.
What's wrong with Citizen and Seiko? :p

·
Registered
353 Posts
What's wrong with Citizen and Seiko? :p

Wow, I have never seen anyone sporting a Citizen cal. 0100 before!! I am very much into mechanical watches but those are just an engineering marvel! 0.03ppm, incredible!!

I would of course go for the white dial white gold version, ha. Anyway, fantastic choice, sir! 👍

1 - 20 of 103 Posts