WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
57,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 1016708

View attachment 1016709

It is a limited edition of 36 pieces exclusively made for the german watch magazone "UhrenMagazin" featuring a automatic ETA 2824-2 in a three-part-watch case (polished stainless steel) with dislay back, rated wr to 5 ATM. Dial colour: galvano-matt silver with brown inner circle.

View attachment 1016711

Not cheap with a pricepoint at 1130 Euro, however, a unique time piece.

View attachment 1016715

Report on a Borgward visit (2011): http://www.deutsche-uhrmacher.de/2011/09/besuch-bei-der-borgward-zeitmanufaktur/?lang=en

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If I have to give an up or down vote, then down it is. There is a lot to like here, but the outer ring of black markers, wrong-style sporty red second hand tip, and black date wheel conspire to make this a cobbled-together mess with no design cohesiveness. Don't like the name either. The case looks a bit like a Stowa Antea, the dial borrows from the Nomos Club with the 12-2-4-8-10, and the brown ring is a nice touch, but then why add the sporty red accents? It's close, but no cigar. It is cool enough, though, that they shouldn't have trouble selling 36 of them. Make it no-date, get rid of the outer ring, widen the brown ring to fill the outer space, and change the second hand from black to rhodium with a cream tip and you've got something!

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Aesthetically I say yeah (although I agree with alot of the points flyingpicasso made). I say yeah for it being a very Limited Edition as well.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Very nice. The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue however.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I'd buy the Stowa Antae instead. Thanks for the design challenge, Mike. Brown is a tough watch color to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.