WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I have reached out for help on this. I busted every watch I ever owned... Until in mid '80's I bought a Yellow Casio G Shock watch. Yellow was a bold choice back then.... Now it's like a tattoo, everyone has one. I have worn this watch every day since..... EVERY DAY.... 19 years strait. finally broke the bezel in 2006, which was a good run, but i still wore it, with a rubber cement fix until I was able to find another bezel on e-bay, so another 7 years has passed, and it happened again.

Now they call it "vintage".... a DW 5600C-9B. I know these parts are hard/next to impossible to find, but I know there are some Casio lovers out there who have "back-up parts" for this model in their arsenal.... Help a true, original Casio enthusiast, who may hold a record for wearing the same watch......for over 26 years.....STRAIT!

I'm not looking for a hand out. I will pay what I have to pay within reason.

thanks in advance!
WatchBuster

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
About a year ago (or maybe it was two) a listing came up on ebay from a seller in Turkey for 8 of the yellow DW-5600C bezels, all brand new, all perfect condition and genuine Casio, sold as a single lot. I bought the lot, and sold a few and dyed a few black to repair some of my black vintage G-shocks. At the time, I had no idea how rare they actually were. I have not seen brand new yellow bezels for sale since, and whenever a yellow bezel does come up for sale, it is old and has basically turned into wax and will crumble if you look at it cross-eyed. Your best bet is to switch to black and use an aftermarket bezel. Maybe the aftermarket groups (the main one is in Brazil) will start making yellow bezels. If you do find a new one, and it is genuine Casio and flexible, then you will be looking to pay around $100 for it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I think you would have to pay quite a large amount for a bezel from someones collection... those that have them bought them for their own yellow 5600c and they would maybe let it go... the question is the price :)

Brazil bezel producers should start making the yellow ones too... or blue or green. Or marble. Maybe we should write them, Marta the seller seems quite nice lady. Maybe she would be willing it listen?

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Come to think of it, contact watchuseek forum member "ronbo". He is also on ebay as "rbpmilspec". I think I sold him one of my yellow bezels--he might still have it. I know he is in the process of selling off a lot of his vintage G's at the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember Ronbo from a post from 3+ years ago! commenting on the yellow 5600C he had just purchased.....

I hope I am appealing to the person who collects, has a spare yellow bezel and knows they will never use it, and who is willing to sell it keeping in mind the years I have clocked (no pun intended) with this thing on my wrist. It would be like selling a old guitar to Willie Nelson! LoL!!!!

Marshall:rodekaart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I understand your opinion Crater, I think there are people out there who collect, who have, but who will never wear or need a yellow bezel. If I had a spare watch item, and I knew a true enthusiast was out there who needed it, I would do the right thing and give it up. Again, I don't want anything for free, but to the owner of a spare Dw5600C-9B bezel, I say this: hook a brother up!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Although I understand your opinion Crater, I think there are people out there who collect, who have, but who will never wear or need a yellow bezel. If I had a spare watch item, and I knew a true enthusiast was out there who needed it, I would do the right thing and give it up. Again, I don't want anything for free, but to the owner of a spare Dw5600C-9B bezel, I say this: hook a brother up!
I totally understand. Maybe post a WTB thread in the Sale section of the forum, I had some luck before there. It takes a while and you have to bump it few times, but maybe you'll be lucky.

WTB - Wanted to Buy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts