WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Sammy and UltraManPat, I took the plunge and bought this beauty. I've never liked the polygons but now, seeing them up close and feeling their heft and solid build, I am convinced that these low profile G-Shocks are AWESOME. I'm now on the look-out for the red to keep this baby company, and if funds permit, I'll get the black. The Red seems a lot harder to find, if anyone in Singapore spots one, please tell where ya.

For now, here's my new BABY...:-! The price was pretty good too, but I guess the guy I always buy G-Shocks from didn't mind giving me a small discount as I've probably spent enough at his shop through the years to send his kids to college, ha ha ha - Damage was SG$68 or about USD$47.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Reporting, Sir!

That's the way |> and a bloody good price!

Just saw the red & yellow rasta at City Chain for ~S$128 and regular polygons for ~S$74 (IIRC). If you don't mind telling, where did you get yours??

Now wear it, put on your reggae CD, get a drink and just chill at home b-)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reporting, Sir!

That's the way |> and a bloody good price!

Just saw the red & yellow rasta at City Chain for ~S$128 and regular polygons for ~S$74 (IIRC). If you don't mind telling, where did you get yours??

Now wear it, put on your reggae CD, get a drink and just chill at home b-)
Ya mon, yah nuh see it, I an feeling the Rasta beat... ha ha ha.

OMG, City Chain suck at G-Shock prices, I've never bought a G-Shock from them. I buy loads of my G-Shocks at a Causeway Point watchshop called Vincent Watch on the first floor or at the Bencoolen. One of the sales peole there knows me from a long time back when I used to buy G-Shocks at another branch when he was also there so he always looks out for models for me. Their prices are not that great, but if you are a regular, they will give good discounts.

Sammy, I'm still looking for the other wrist cuff, I know it's around somewhere, I never throw G-Shock parts away. On the weekend when I'm free, I'm doing the store-room. Wish me luck...

Tanks mon...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ya mon, yah nuh see it, I an feeling the Rasta beat... ha ha ha.

OMG, City Chain suck at G-Shock prices, I've never bought a G-Shock from them. I buy loads of my G-Shocks at a Causeway Point watchshop called Vincent Watch on the first floor or at the Bencoolen. One of the sales peole there knows me from a long time back when I used to buy G-Shocks at another branch when he was also there so he always looks out for models for me. Their prices are not that great, but if you are a regular, they will give good discounts.

Sammy, I'm still looking for the other wrist cuff, I know it's around somewhere, I never throw G-Shock parts away. On the weekend when I'm free, I'm doing the store-room. Wish me luck...

Tanks mon...
Agree with City Chain... never bought anything there before as they're not willing to budge on prices... am familiar the Vincent Watch chain so I'll drop by when I come across one next time.

Thanks again for your effort to look for the cuffs :thanks

it's still ringing in my head... "buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta..." ;-)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the rasta polygon! And a good price too! I only saw the black rasta at Bishan.

These polygons are addictive and they wear very well on the wrist too.

I only know Michael (Vincent Watch) from IMM, but he might have been transferred elsewhere. I saw some polygons there but not sure if they have the red rasta.

I've never bought G-Shocks from City Chain, they display the watches in a case that has very strong lights, so much that when I hold the watch, its warm! And also their prices are not healthy.

Wear it loud, wear it proud! And the polygon shape, according to chinese folklore, is great for warding off bad vibes/mojo as well. I always wear my polygon if I know there will be a confrontation in the office.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wear it loud, wear it proud! And the polygon shape, according to chinese folklore, is great for warding off bad vibes/mojo as well. I always wear my polygon if I know there will be a confrontation in the office.....

:) For what, to use the referee timer to intervene when you think it is appropriate for time outs. :-!Either way time is running out for u to bother to waste time at the confrontation, so u use the toughness of the polygon face to deliver a bruce lee back fist to attack your enemy, get out of office to go to check out bencoolen....

I have seen the red polygon, but not too sure if it is a rasta model, for sale online at around $110.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
:) For what, to use the referee timer to intervene when you think it is appropriate for time outs. :-!Either way time is running out for u to bother to waste time at the confrontation, so u use the toughness of the polygon face to deliver a bruce lee back fist to attack your enemy, get out of office to go to check out bencoolen....

I have seen the red polygon, but not too sure if it is a rasta model, for sale online at around $110.

Nice way of putting it! The 8 sided or 'Ba Gua" design was used by Taoist priests way-back-when. Good for warding of demons and the like.

The main reason I like my polygons was the slick design, and it shares design traits with the 5600 classics.

Walking away from a confrontation and heading out to a watch retailer is great therapy too, imho! LOL :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts