WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello dear all, I'm a new member from Hong Kong. :)
I've got a AW-500NS and DW-5600E, of which the bands and bezel are no more their original colours. :-(

Saw a tutorial on how to whiten the transparent bands and bezel by using SEA-GLOW. Unfortunately, SEA-GLOW is not available in Hong Kong. o|

btw, any idea on how can I remove and dark "stain" on my yellow DW-5600E?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Your jelly band looks like it would probably be too yellowed for the Sea Glow to make much of a difference anyway. It only seems to work well if the bands are just slightly yellowed. Otherwise, it improved brightness and clarity, but some yellow remains.

Your best bet would be either to accept the color as it is (appreciate the age of the watch) or dye it with RIT or a similar clothing dye. There are numerous threads about how to dye. You could dye any color you like, except white.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. May be I should dye it to yellow. :-s

Your jelly band looks like it would probably be too yellowed for the Sea Glow to make much of a difference anyway. It only seems to work well if the bands are just slightly yellowed. Otherwise, it improved brightness and clarity, but some yellow remains.

Your best bet would be either to accept the color as it is (appreciate the age of the watch) or dye it with RIT or a similar clothing dye. There are numerous threads about how to dye. You could dye any color you like, except white.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I don't know if I would go messing with the Polar Science unless you plan never to sell it. It's a 20+ year old watch and this is normal aging for these straps. This one is in great condition otherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts