WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
In rotation: Lorier Neptune S3, Orient Bambino, & Yema Rallygraf
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s some discussions of this watch on the forums already, but does anyone have the Yema Navygraf watch? I like virtually every aspect of it, except its visual thickness.

I know watches can wear bigger/smaller than their stated specs. I have a Yema Rallygraf, which is stated as 13mm thick, but wears nice and slim. My Tisell is 12.5mm thick, and wears nicely. The Navygraf is listed as 12.15, but looks like it wears absolutely tall closer to 14/15mm.

Does anyone have any thickness photos they can share so I can see what it looks like? A YouTube video I watched it looked...okay. But someone posted this on Instagram and it looks unsightly and cumbersome.

IMG_0461.jpg

Is this really how thick it wears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like he’s got the watch sitting on his protruding wrist bone. The watch is not flat on his wrist.
Yeah, and the lugs seem to be sticking off his wrist too.

Reactions: sriracha

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like just a terrible photograph. I have pretty narrow wrists (6.25") and I owned this watch for a few months and enjoyed it.

I put it on my wrist towards the end of this (poorly made, sorry) video -

That’s not a poorly made video, you did a good job. The watch looks nice. What made you not keep the watch?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
That’s not a poorly made video, you did a good job. The watch looks nice. What made you not keep the watch?

Nothing to do with the watch itself. I had just started my blog and wanted to buy other watches to check out, so I sold it to free up some cash.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
It wears fine. I have 7.25" wrists. It looks like it's the same case as the Superman.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
Watching this thread with interest as I'm interested in this watch. I was originally drawn to the omega 300, but this seems to draw on simile influences and offer 80% of the omega for 20% of the price, with a respectable pedigree and in-house movement.
But much harder to see in real life, so anyone who has the navygraf please comment on how it looks on your wrist!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Watching this thread with interest as I'm interested in this watch. I was originally drawn to the omega 300, but this seems to draw on simile influences and offer 80% of the omega for 20% of the price, with a respectable pedigree and in-house movement.
But much harder to see in real life, so anyone who has the navygraf please comment on how it looks on your wrist!
My thoughts exactly. I think this could be my diver if choice for many years, until I can one day afford the BB58. I’m just worried about the thickness.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm wearing mine right now and it fits my 6.75" flat wrist fine. If anything, honestly it really seems a bit smallish compared to some of my other divers, but not too bad. That OP picture is really out of whack - it doesn't sit anything like that high on my wrist. I've enjoyed mine so far & it keeps pretty good time (seems like about +7-8 secs/day).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm wearing mine right now and it fits my 6.75" flat wrist fine. If anything, honestly it really seems a bit smallish compared to some of my other divers, but not too bad. That OP picture is really out of whack - it doesn't sit anything like that high on my wrist. I've enjoyed mine so far & it keeps pretty good time (seems like about +7-8 secs/day).
Thanks doe the help. Really thinking of grabbing one when the restock.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just make sure to grab one when they have a discount going. They usually have between 10-15% off.
Right now they only have a preorder sale with a free strap.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I have an older Omega Seamaster GMT 2234.50 as well. The Yema is a fun watch, but not even close to any Seamaster in any category, IMO. If you had one in each hand your assessment might change. "In house" isn't necessarily an assurance of quality. Do a search and you will see Yema's spotty rep for poor QC and service. Actually, I feel my Steinharts w/ETAs are of a higher quality than my Yemas.

Reactions: Frank Dux

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have an older Omega Seamaster GMT 2234.50 as well. The Yema is a fun watch, but not even close to any Seamaster in any category, IMO. If you had one in each hand your assessment might change. "In house" isn't necessarily an assurance of quality. Do a search and you will see Yema's spotty rep for poor QC and service. Actually, I feel my Steinharts w/ETAs are of a higher quality than my Yemas.
Hmmmmm, thanks for the comment. I haven't made a firm decision one way or another, even my wife is advising me to not waste money buying a cheaper watch if what I really want is a different one....
My main reason for in-house is not so much quality, but just to have something different, as I already have a couple of watches with ETAs. It's a nice to have, not a deal breaker either way.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can you explain what you mean by “spotty QC and service?” The reviews I’ve read of the Navygraf and their meca-quartz watches I’ve read were all positive, and I’ve heard good things about their customer service.

The Yemagraf is talked about as consistently being +12 SPD. I don’t know how much more I’d expect from a sub $800 watch. The competition are things like lower end-squales, Steinhart (mainly Rolex homage options) and Baltic. The former use ETAs, the matter Miyota. I’ve seen people complaining about ETAs too. But I’m not overly fussy as long as the SPD loss/gain isn’t too egregious.

But is there some build quality issue with the Yema?

My Rallygraf seems to be built nicely, my only beef with it is the mineral glass, but it’s a $300 watch.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by “spotty QC and service?” The reviews I’ve read of the Navygraf and their meca-quartz watches I’ve read were all positive, and I’ve heard good things about their customer service.

The Yemagraf is talked about as consistently being +12 SPD. I don’t know how much more I’d expect from a sub $800 watch. The competition are things like lower end-squales, Steinhart (mainly Rolex homage options) and Baltic. The former use ETAs, the matter Miyota. I’ve seen people complaining about ETAs too. But I’m not overly fussy as long as the SPD loss/gain isn’t too egregious.

But is there some build quality issue with the Yema?

My Rallygraf seems to be built nicely, my only beef with it is the mineral glass, but it’s a $300 watch.

My new Navygraf was slow by about 20 spd. I sent it in for regulation and it was returned very quickly with a timegrapher printout showing that my watch met their spec. They hadn't even opened the case. It still ran -20 spd. I popped the case and in just a few minutes regulated it to +6 spd. Certainly, an experienced tech could have done that even more easily. OTOH, My Superman GMT has been flawless.
Mine is not the only story like this. Do a search HERE and read of real experiences with the products. Their service is snotty and ineffective, with QC that's all over the map.
Internet reviewers love everything or they won't get those free watches to review.
My 4 Steinharts all run at COSC or better with those ETAs. All cost less than $800. Accuracy need not be expensive. It is the purpose.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts