WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for exposing this company. In my opinion we cannot trust all the claims coming directly from companies, especially mucrobrands.

In my opinion these watches are entirely assembled in China and these guys are saying that the watches are made in France.

Most likely these watches cost only few dollars and they are selling them for a of more.

Something that these companies that produces in China have not learned yet, is that one day people will start to buy the Chinese made products directly from China.

I don't buy Chinese, but if I have to, I buy directly from China.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fun fact: the Yugo was a shortened Fiat 128 built under license by Yugoslavian manufacturer Zastava.
What terrible news about this brand, I've been keeping a lazy eye on them. Should have known it was too good to be true, thanks to everyone for posting.

As for the Yugo, I am reminded of the old Irish joke about the Lada:

Guy drives into a petrol station in the Irish countryside in the pouring rain, runs in to the mechanic and says, "Pair of windshield wipers for my Lada?"

The mechanic glances at the car, considers for a few seconds, then turns back to the driver with a brisk nod. "Sounds like a fair trade."

·
Registered
458 Posts
There’s a vintage-inspired Yema diver I’ve been watching in the FS thread and thinking I’d like to purchase. But my buyer-be-informed research into Yema quality took me … right back to WUS. ANd to this thread. It’s too bad, because Yema has really nailed it design-wise. Going to pass on the Yema.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wish I had seen this before I bought my Navygraf. It's a real nice looking watch (although honestly a bit too small for even my 6.75" wrist) and it was OK for a couple years then the rotor broke off - somehow the screw that holds it on sheared off (outside of their warranty of course). It still handwinds, but I'm not motivated to try to get it fixed since it's just too small for me and something else would probably go wrong.

·
Registered
458 Posts
New Year, New Yema!

Just kidding...same old sh*t. THIRD time: View attachment 16355507

The good news is they've promised to put their "head watchmaker" on it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
That is horrible. I am so sorry. It reminds me of a crazy experience my then-girlfriend and I had twenty years ago in Denver, CO, where we were living then. We had a Volvo wagon that crapped out, and we had it towed to a mechanic we found that “specialized in Volvo”. Well. Three months, $800, a few “my top guys is working on it” calls, a small claims lawsuit with an actual trial (where the mechanic swore he’d never seen our car before), and an actual Volvo Dealer Service later, we had our car fixed (and even where made more or less whole financially). Cannot tell you how many times I was given the runaround on that car. It’s part of what took me to law school and, many years later, not standing for that crap anymore.

I’ve pretty much stayed with reliable vintage brands: Seiko, Omega, Rolex. All old enough to have been made entirely in the country that’s stamped on dial. And I’ve fortunately found three good watchmakers willing to deal with them, whose work lets me breathe easy: Frank at Time Zone for the Seikos; WatchguyUK for the Omegas; and Belmonte Relotgers for the old Rolex.

I’d love a Unimatic or a Yema or a Farer, but let’s see how they hold up 20 years from now, whether they fall apart or not. If they stand the test of time, I may one day have a vintage Farer chrono (though this thread suggests Yema won‘t survive the damage they’re doing to their own fragile reputation).

·
Registered
637 Posts
I finally decided to try to make lemonade out of lemons, so to speak. I realized my Navygraf with the broken rotor can still be handwound, so I removed the rotor and broken screw top and also replaced the bracelet with an Uncle Seiko waffle strap. I also had a realization that part of what bothered me about the watch is the bracelet, which seems a bit too thin and dainty. So now, I can wear it as an old fashioned manual wind skin diver (I know it's not ideal to handwind movements based on the ETA 2824, but I'm not planning to wear it very often).

Reactions: Squaretail

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi there !

Just thought I could share my first hand experience with Yema.

End of 2021 I was looking for a sub 40mm diver with some vintage vibes. I ended up with a French watches only short list including:
  • Yema: Navygraph
  • Baltic: Aquascaphe
  • Le forban sécurité mer: "La Brestoise"

I discarded "La Brestoise" because of a rather small crown and basic 81 series Miyota movement, although I did like the genuine dial similar to the GO SeaQ but legit as released before GO.
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Font

It was a close call between the aquascaphe and the navy graph:

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Material property

The Baltic looked very well made , but a bit pricey having "only" a 91 Miyota. Contrary to the other two, Baltic also lacked historical background.

I chose the Navygraph because of its unique Dial and color combination . The eggshell markers and yellow hands did it for me along with the minimalistic spirit. Also appreciated the saphir covered bezel, making the entire watch face "unscratchable".

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

I did not order the watch from the Yema website, but from French AD which offered better discount. Got it for less than 600 Euros on tropic strap.
I received it beginning of last week, and could not spot any QC issues. Bezel and crown alignement seemed ok and crown operated and screwed-in very smoothly. BezeI has no back play, but could sound a bit nicer.
I noticed some improvements compared to what was written here and seen on YT:
  • Bezel has now 120 clicks and not 90.
  • The Yema logo on the crown is not laser engraved anymore but hard pressed.
  • The moment holder is not plastic but metal.
The watch kept excellent time out of the box , the first few days (0 +1s/d), but I let it sit for the W-E and it started drifting away, +10s, +20s, +40s as the power reserve was depleting. A bit disappointing... Put it back on the wrist last Monday and fully wound and worm it seemed to settle around +25s/d. I decided to regulate it my self and opened the caseback. As you can see, the in (Chinese) house Yema 2000 movement is all shiny and fully decorated . It blinded me under direct light. I gave it a small push on the regulating lever and 24 hours later we now are around +5s/d. Not so bad...

Watch Automotive lighting Circuit component Auto part Kitchen utensil

I'll let it run a few more weeks before making a second attempt (with a timegrapher this time ) in order to get closer to the 0+1s/day it ran as delivered.
So jury still out regarding the movement. Compared to the Swiss or Japanese made ones I have, this Yema 2000 movement seems to require some longer running -in period before settling down. That 's probably why a lot are reporting accuracy problem, because no matter how good it is regulated at the factory, it will drift away after the first few days of running.

Still a happy customer... so far. I really like the uniqueness of this historical watch design and its size fits my small wrist perfect. Will report back in a few weeks on movement accuracy evolution.

·
Premium Member
20,016 Posts
Welp. Was planning on placing an order for Flygraf M2 with the 'Black Friday sale' they are running. But this thread has me second-guessing hard. Really like the design of the Flygraf. Between the cheaply-made/disingenuously-marketed movement and the poor QC, what a bummer!
I have a Flygraf. Bought a couple of years ago. It still works fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A previous owner of a Yema Bronze GMT. When wearing the movement sounded like a bag of pennies on the wrist. It was terrible, sounded broken. Keep time to about 25sec a day. Contacted Yema and sent a video and they said the noise was normal and sent me a video of another watch with even worse clanking around and said I was lucky. Again they said it was normal and that's it. Worst watch I've ever owned by a long shot.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts