WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Yema Superman Heritage Bronze just arrived today, 10/28/19 to Idaho. Here it is on wrist and I think it looks pretty impressive with it's beautiful deep blue dial (photos don't do it justice). I like the case as new shiny gold bronze at this point but I'll probably like the patina that develops as time goes on. The Yema looks larger in the photo than it is but I think the 39 mm case of this Yema will be a good size for most people. I had no issue setting the watch or adjusting the bezel. Just unscrew the crown, turn the bezel counter-clockwise, and reset the crown. The bezel lined up just as it should. The bezel keeper at the crown prevents the bezel from turning after it's screwed down. I guess it's for extra security but I could live without it to be honest. The bronze case side profile and lugs look really thin and almost dainty compared to my other dive watches. This watch could definitely work as a dive, sport, and semi-dress watch. I would say versatility is going to be the strong suit for this watch. I'm really enjoying staring at the dial and hands right now. I wasn't sure I'd like this watch so much but there's no doubt about it now. I've bought a lot of kickstarter and micro-branded watches and you take a bit of a chance every time you buy one sight unseen. It feels really good knowing the reality of this Yema purchase far exceeds the expectations I had. I hope others that bought into this Yema kickstarter have a good experience with it as I am. Thanks

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
203 Posts
Glad to hear it! I am a buyer as well and awaiting my watch. There has been some criticism but I don't expect absolute perfection - in a way the quirkiness of the piece was what attracted me to it. I look forward to trying mine on.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Glad to hear it! I am a buyer as well and awaiting my watch. There has been some criticism but I don't expect absolute perfection - in a way the quirkiness of the piece was what attracted me to it. I look forward to trying mine on.
On the Bronze edition I heard nothing....from my side I am jealous because that watch came with a brushed caseback while my Navygraf came with a polished one.

I am curious to hear the reports on the accuracy of this in house calibre, BTW.

·
Premium Member
14,636 Posts
Congrats on the new piece. Still anxiously waiting for mine which is due to some today!

There's been some report on Facebook that on some of the specimens delivered, the bezel ring have workmanship imperfections. And among those reported it would seem they all happen between 11:00 & 12:00 marks on the bezel.

brother of OoO

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wrote Yema today to tell them about the bezel issue, and they immediately responded to say they were sorry this happened and they will change the bezel. I appreciate their quick response and willingness to rectify the situation - good on them and otherwise the watch is really nice. Nonetheless, it shouldn't have shipped like this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well okay.. so you have to ship watch back, be without it for sometime, because they didn’t do the job right.. that stinks...at least it will be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,636 Posts
On that note, anyone bothered to count the bezel clicks? I counted 90 clicks for a full rotation which is very strange. Shouldn't it be either 60 or 120!?

Mine is the 39mm model.

brother of OoO

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine this week and haven't been able to wear it yet. I didn't notice the bezel issue but over all, I love the size of the case and the colors. I need to punch another hole in the leather strap so I'm waiting to do that before doing a wear test.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It’s a looker for sure.

I got mine the other day 41 mm

I paired it with a ABP Concept Buffalo NATO with blue accents and I really like it

So much that I did something I never like to do which is wear divers with a suit

I truly lends itself to a more casual look

I’m amazed at the compliments I received in one day on it

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine, the fit is perfect (39mm). A few slight issues:
I just noticed the bezel issue, but mine is not as bad as the others
The brass buckle on the Tropic does not work on a slim wrist, it sticks out
The brass coin at the top of the inside of the watch box came loose and dinged the side of the case, but it’s really minor.

I also have an early 60’s LeJour Superman and the case is a bit beefier than this one. The lug shape on the yema is really elegant and perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, also, there is are three crown positions, which is a minor annoyance. I wonder if the 2 position part is the same as what is in a 2801; I have installed them in 2824s.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just received mine, no. 506. I really like it. I got the 39mm and have about a 6.75" wrist. The 41 would simply be too big for me, due to the fact that the lugs don't have much of a downward curve. This fits well. It does seem awfully dainty since I took off a Pelagos to put it on, but I find the aesthetic charming, and the color of the fume blue dial just beautiful. I have only tried the leather strap but I think it seems very decent, especially given all the criticism I had read. I do not discern any bezel issues on my example. I have not had it long enough to have any idea about timing precision, but I set it to time.gov so will have a better sense within a few days.

As an overall package, I think it's a distinctive and appealing watch, particularly at its price point, and for me it's a keeper.

EDIT: Forgive the big smear on the crystal - I hadn't noticed it until I viewed the picture - but this is just finger oil.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

·
Registered
973 Posts
Looking good guys ........mine is on the way to join my Superman Heritage.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts