WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello watch lovers!

YEMA has the great pleasure to introduce to you the new YEMA Rallygraf collection!

Inspired by the dashboard design of vintage racing cars that are an inexhaustible source, this new collection offers a striking contrast thanks to its Panda dial. Equipped with a Seiko VK64, the meca-quartz timepieces function exactly as a mechanical would, including snapping back to zero upon the reset and sweeping smoothly rather than ticking, but without the immense hassle of winding and dealing with power reserve. The dial includes two sub-registers, seconds (at 3 o'clock) and minutes (at 9 o'clock) and also a tachymeter bezel to calculate the average speed of a moving object. Available in 5 variants with different coloured dials, YEMA reworked its model, offering a new modern chronograph collection to satisfy every speed passionate and motorsport amateurs.

This new Rallygraf Collection is now available on Yema.com at $ 329 USD with a perforated leather strap and $ 349 USD with a Milanese bracelet.
Find a glimpse of the collection below:

Untitled design (2).png

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
That´s a pretty watch but it would be better with running seconds or 12 hours chrono subdial at 03:00, the 24 dial is unfortunately not very useful.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
That´s a pretty watch but it would be better with running seconds or 12 hours chrono subdial at 03:00, the 24 dial is unfortunately not very useful.
Agreed, I don't understand why brands do this. If the 24h dial could be set to a second time zone, maybe. But this way, it's just useless. Running seconds would have been so much better.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Agreed, I don't understand why brands do this. If the 24h dial could be set to a second time zone, maybe. But this way, it's just useless. Running seconds would have been so much better.

I don´t think it´s the problem of Yema its mostly Seiko´s choice, while a 24h dial might be useful on chronographs like the Lemania 5100 in this case it´s not.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Agreed, I don't understand why brands do this.
Seikos VK line chronographs are very popular, but they always have the 24h counter at 3. Running seconds would be at 6, so if the design is a traditional bi-compax layout, a 24h counter and chrono minutes is what you get.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I don´t think it´s the problem of Yema its mostly Seiko´s choice, while a 24h dial might be useful on chronographs like the Lemania 5100 in this case it´s not.
By brands I meant the movement manufacturer, I don't think Yema or anyone else can change the layout of the subdials. That would be excellent actually. Running seconds at 9 and minute counter at 3. One can dream.

·
Premium Member
36,232 Posts
Nice looking, but I agree that a running seconds feature would be much more useful.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

Concerning the complaint that there's a 24 hr subdial and no running seconds subdial, it's not exactly "brands doing this". This is just the specification of the particular movement selected. I believe it's one of the Seiko VK movements.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I love this watch - you should have included a side shot to show the dome crystal, my favourite detail.

As the for 24-hour dial versus seconds, I find the 24 hour subdial to be quite useful because I often have to switch between 24-hour and 12-hour nomenclature and it can trip you up when you are not thinking about it. Occasionally I see 1400 and think 4:00, for example. This subdial helps keep me straight.

On the other hand, I never actually care about the seconds, especially on a Chronograph which obviously has a dedicated seconds tracking feature. Honestly, the main reason I use seconds at all is to verify the watch is running. If I actually need to track something to the second, then I wouldn't use a seconds dial - that's what the fancy buttons are for.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I can't tell anyone how to run their business, but if you want to do a chronograph with a horizontal two eyes design, there are Japanese movements out there that do it without having the useless 24 sub dial on the right.
And considering these movements cost less than $20...
However, I do acknowledge that these are quartz and not meca quartz:

Miyota Cal. 6S20 (Chrono min/sec, 1/20 second)
cal 6S20.png

Miyota Cal. 6S21 (Chrono min/sec)
Cal 6S21.png

1 - 14 of 14 Posts