WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

well, I've finished another - this one in a cool art deco style stepped bezel case. Loving wearing it. The movement was in pristine condition, so I just gave it a pain free easy service - and again is 100% the original early parts. It probably took 1/10th of the time to service as the 7 jewel one. The hands and dial are NOS replacements, and I decided not to lume the dial as I like it as is. Ideally I would find shorter minute and hour hands and the long tail chronograph hands, but I can wear this as is in the mean time.

I'll start with a finished wrist shot, it has an original yellow crystal - which I polished. I understand these were to reduce glare.

IMG_6415.jpg

Progress shot on the movement service - it lives!

IMG_6338.jpg

This was the original dial - I had one NOS that was very close, but the black dial captured my heart! I'll use the white one on my last 47 - which I'll service later.

IMG_6341.jpg

Cased.

IMG_6445.jpg

Because I can.

IMG_6447.jpg

I quite like the engraved back.

IMG_6450.jpg

Yeah!

IMG_6421.jpg

I really like this bezel

IMG_6422.jpg

What to say?

IMG_6429.jpg

OK, that's enough Landeron 47s for now - I'm currently working on a very special Venus 210.

Teaser:

IMG_6455.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is a beauty. Love the dial and also the initials on the caseback. I wonder who E.W. was?

I am really starting to love some of the chronographs from the 30s, 40s, and 50s from companies that are lesser known (to me, anyway).

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Starting to corner the market on these.

Regards,
Hah, no. I have 3 47s in total. 2 done, and I have 1 more to fix and that's it.

I have a L50 and an early 48 to do as well, but I have no particular plans for any more. I'm somewhat interested in the 1st gen cam switched movements, so I have several Venus 188s and a couple of the Lemania 1270 family.

That is a beauty. Love the dial and also the initials on the caseback. I wonder who E.W. was?

I am really starting to love some of the chronographs from the 30s, 40s, and 50s from companies that are lesser known (to me, anyway).
Well, we'll never know who EW was. And yes, there are some good looking early chronographs around.

Its getting hard to buy any vintage chronograph, including Landrerons, for a bargain these days - even without a brand name. It wasn't that long ago you could buy them for around $50-100. My days of movements for $25 are mostly gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts