WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
A late update to this thread.

I got my watch and was very happy with it... Until I started to use it. As it turned out, the watch stopped after a couple of hours, even after a full winding.
Luckily, I came across this website: About | Watch Guy

Christian offered to take apart my Shanghai, and give it a cleaning and servicing. You can see the results here:
- part 1 > the taking apart: Shanghai Shoubiao Chang 7120 - Part 1: Teardown | Watch Guy
- part 2 > the reassembly: Shanghai Shoubiao Chang 7120

Today Christian mailed me the watch is behaving well, and he'll be sending it to me this evening. Yay! :)

I have a feeling this will be a lucky watch for me

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I'm kind of embarrassed. Both watches that I gave away turned up defective. Adam sent the Poljot back to me and I sent him a different one, an early 90s vintage Raketa. Adam gave it to his brother Matt.
I'm happy the Shanghai only needed a cleaning and that Christian took it on as a project. Now it will give a long and happy life of service.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ah David, you should not have put so much dirt, hair and grease in it! Even a Rolex would have baulked ;-)

Seriously though, the watch looked ok on first inspection, and seemed to run fine. If you didn't wear it, I don't see how you could have noticed it stopping after ~6 hours.
I am indeed lucky that Christian took it on as a project, but I would not even have minded a small fee. After all, the watch was free and given with the best intentions. No complaints here!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.