WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Seastar 1000 black dial. I like this watch a lot. Is it normal for the weight that spins to move in a clicking type movement? Not clicking sound, but jumpy type movement. For example, my Seikos, I can not see, but when moved you can feel the weight move very fluid movement. On my Tissot, if I turn it very slowly, the weight will stay in place. But if lightly tapped, it will fall and spin. It moves around a lot while wearing it, and keeps itself wound. It is just slightly different than what I am used to with Seiko autos.

Also, someone sell me a OEM Tissot bracelet. I can not find one.

·
5,150 Posts
A little bit of resistance on the weight is normal. What you have described seems typical for ETA automatics.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that is what I figured. So far, it runs fine, no problems. I just wanted to make sure I was not damaging it. Now I just need to find a Tissot bracelet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
where did you end up buying the seastar 1000??
If you go through an auth. dealer.....they might order the bracelet for you and switch out the bands...
sj

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought it used from here. It came with a metal bracelet made in china. I dont like the bracelet. I dont know where any ADs are around here (Anderson, SC).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm considering putting mine on the block soon. Bought from local AD, all papers warranties blah blah blah. I'm thinking the Monsters also have to go soon to make space for some purchases I'm considering.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts