WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here.

I'm looking for an affordable, nice looking dress watch and I thought I'd enlist help from the experts.

I only have a few criteria that I absolutely want:
White dial
Steel case (or silver case if you're talking base metals)
Medium/large sized watch
Max. price of $300

No particular brand is off limits.

Stuff I like:
Blued hands
leather bands
automatic or mechanical movement

Any help would be appreciated, I was looking at things like a Seiko retrograde in white but I am not sold yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed it does, I really like Stowa in general and the Antea is gorgeous. The Seiko you recommended is also near ideal and is in line with what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I'm looking for an affordable, nice looking dress watch and I thought I'd enlist help from the experts.

I only have a few criteria that I absolutely want:
White dial
Steel case (or silver case if you're talking base metals)
Medium/large sized watch
Max. price of $300
Well, if you can find one secondhand for that price the Antea is definitely stunning:

If you don't care about what's inside the watch, Herc makes an Antea homage for a fraction of the cost. Hands painted blue instead of blued, but hey...

Seagull has the pretty M177S with a blue second hand, pic by Gigfy:

Or how about an Archimede Arcadia with blued hands?

Not quite sure if these fall in your budget, but they're pretty nice :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would definitely agree.

I was poking around the Alpha site today and found this curiosity. I am not a huge fan of the coin bezel, but it meets many of my criteria and is pretty interesting. I'm not 100% sold, the clean look is very appealing.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Very classy, wish it didn't have "coin" edge.

·
11,867 Posts
This Android automatic is only $100, Japanese Miyota 8215, swap out the bracelet for a quality 22mm strap, 41x47mm. Got to dig the oval shape however.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone. In searching through some older posts, I also found the Orient CET05001W, which is pretty inexpensive. If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Indeed it does, I really like Stowa in general and the Antea is gorgeous. The Seiko you recommended is also near ideal and is in line with what I'm looking for.
I also am a fan of STOWA, but in that under $300 price range, the Seiko Spirit is a stunning watch, using the 6R15 hacking, hand winding movement. It is on the smallish side for todays watches at about 38mm...but perfect for a dress watch!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts