WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, looks like I been bitten by some horrible bug (ie where the number of watches exceeds the number of arms I have...) and I found this oldie...it was cheap (I think) for an 18k body and I do like the 1940s lines on it - but I have haven't got it yet but wondered if any of you folks out there had seen one like this?
...I have the same addiction to collecting geetars, meteorites, minerals and antiquarian books.... I suppose it's better than heroin, just more expensive! So, d'you think I have an addictive personality? (he asks this question whilst chugging down a light breakfast claret....)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
It appears to be a Constellation case, but the dial is refinished in a different way. I'd want to see the movement and the numbers on the inside of the caseback to get a better idea of exactly what it is.

So, it didn't leave the factory this way, but what matters is whether you like it.

eric

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to be a Constellation case, but the dial is refinished in a different way. I'd want to see the movement and the numbers on the inside of the caseback to get a better idea of exactly what it is.

So, it didn't leave the factory this way, but what matters is whether you like it.

eric
hi, Here's the insides...the blurb stated that "The Case is made in 18k solid pink gold, in very good condition, only showing details of regular use. Custom made. Classic style, large size. Though faded, corresponding 18K gold seals can be seen on the backcase."
and it's cost me about £250 - have't got it yet

Attachments

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
As suspected, it looks like this watch was assembled from parts of different watches. Perhaps, that's what the term "custom made" is referring to. I'd be interested in seeing the reference number on the inside of the caseback.

It's not the type of watch that "collectors" would be interested in, but if it runs well, looks nice, and makes you happy, then enjoy it!

eric

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'll let you know when it arrives! I just liked the classic line of the face. Could Omega company help with identifying this specimen?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Well, I'll let you know when it arrives! I just liked the classic line of the face. Could Omega company help with identifying this specimen?
Unless the watch came assembled like this from the factory (and, as I noted, I think it's highly unlikely), I doubt Omega could be of assistance. It would be a matter of telling you what model the movement came from (with the SN). The reference number from the inside of the caseback might tell you where the case came from, but it might also be from a different watch than the case is.

Wish I could be of more assistance.

eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts