WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate the help in advance. What does everyone think of this silver Omega Speedmaster?

Omega Speedmaster Triple Silver Chrono Watch Near Mint | eBay

From a little browsing and reading it looks like a 3513.30.00. I like the idea of getting an Omega Speedmaster, but I also have a few black and blue watches, so thought the silver might make a nice addition.

Looks to be in good shape if authentic and was apparently just serviced, thoughts?

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Sellers feedback looks great & he'll provide # to the Service Center that did the work so I would say your good to go!

Reactions: schowtyme

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the help!

Also, sorry about posting in the wrong forum, I'm new here.

If I win the auction, I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Are you really going to bid in an auction with pictures of that​ quality?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhh, maybe I shouldn't?

I thought picture 3 and 8 were pretty detailed, obviously this guy isn't a professional seller but those 2 pictures looked good and he has great feedback.

Do you think the pictures are too blurry to tell if it is authentic or you can't get a good feel for the condition?

If you think I should hold off I'll listen, you guys were a big help before.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I can't get a good feel neither for the condition, nor authenticity. Quality of the fonts? Of the case finish, of the bracelet? Hard to assess with these photos. The Speedmasters with that dial layout had slightly modified Valjoux 7750 movements (Omega 1150 or one of its derivatives, most likely 1152 or 1154), and any Valjoux-based watch is easy to fake.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't get a good feel neither for the condition, nor authenticity. Quality of the fonts? Of the case finish, of the bracelet? Hard to assess with these photos. The Speedmasters with that dial layout had slightly modified Valjoux 7750 movements (Omega 1150 or one of its derivatives, most likely 1152 or 1154), and any Valjoux-based watch is easy to fake.
That's a good point, maybe I should hold off for another one with better pictures.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Premium Member
7,525 Posts
Avoid getting any modern luxury-branded watch without box & papers. The savings just aren't worth it.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts