WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
web.jpg
Dear Friends,
“Raketa” has a new project: a telephone application that will allow the Raketa community to interact, meet each other, exchange ideas and photos. Raketa owners usually share the love of Russian culture, musique, food and literature. Our application will be a social network dedicated to interaction between individuals having a “Russian Soul”.Imagine you fly into London, you switch your application, and you can see on your screen who is around. You can ask for advice, or invite the Raketa community around you to join for a Zenith-Spartak football match in a London pub.If you want to help us to test our new application before the official launch, please send me you email on: info (at) raketa.com and you will receive an email with instructions! Mention in your email if you have an iPhone (iOS) or an Android phone! Invite friends to test also! Share this post!Thank you for your support!Jacques von Polier

Приложение Raketa Community — руÑ�Ñ�кое Ñ�ообщеÑ�тво! | Ð.уÑ�Ñ�кие чаÑ�Ñ‹: Ð.акета / Russian Watches: Raketa

·
Registered
684 Posts
Bufff, its good idea and is always that a russian brand wich such a big legacy try to inovate and keep them self in the dificult market of the orology...

But said that, I gues here you are focusing in the wrong market, the wrong target, I guess most of the people here in the forum like the soviet and russian one, not becouse the bling bling, the girls on the poster, or for show off, well may be the last one yes but in "another level".
We like that for the principle for what they were made (communist concept, over profitability), what they were mean in xx century and and uniqness of the country who made, turning himself from a 0 pruducer of wacthes to be the second one in less that 50 year, and in many cases being inovative and with hig quality. And the last one but not least important: PRICE, the relation quality cost on most of them is and were unbeatable. most of us be dont afford a rolex, neither we are going to pay 400 euros in watch with the same caliber as the one from 30 year ago, that you could find for 40. Yes, better quality and materials but still no inovation at all...

Saying that, well done and keep working fo market the brand as much as you can.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Bufff, its good idea and is always that a russian brand wich such a big legacy try to inovate and keep them self in the dificult market of the orology...

But said that, I gues here you are focusing in the wrong market, the wrong target, I guess most of the people here in the forum like the soviet and russian one, not becouse the bling bling, the girls on the poster, or for show off, well may be the last one yes but in "another level".
We like that for the principle for what they were made (communist concept, over profitability), what they were mean in xx century and and uniqness of the country who made, turning himself from a 0 pruducer of wacthes to be the second one in less that 50 year, and in many cases being inovative and with hig quality. And the last one but not least important: PRICE, the relation quality cost on most of them is and were unbeatable. most of us be dont afford a rolex, neither we are going to pay 400 euros in watch with the same caliber as the one from 30 year ago, that you could find for 40. Yes, better quality and materials but still no inovation at all...

Saying that, well done and keep working fo market the brand as much as you can.
Suit yourself, Personally I wouldn't mind interacting with any of those Raketa girls ;)

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I might be one of the few who still does not use smartphones.

But there is a chance for me to find myself in St Petersburg in April though!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Girls on the poster are cool. Raketa watches also look cool but a bit on the expensive side. I was looking for one but decided to pass even they were very tempting.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd be nervous using such an app.

I have a friend in Spain who liked expensive Italian clothes and nice watches. He was targeted by local Russian 'fellow enthusiasts' who befriended him and then introduced him to some beautiful girls and plenty of 'the white stuff'. The girls were working for these men. I guess my friend could not say 'NO' and he ended up losing his career, his money and his family. That is an extreme case of course, but such an app. could possibly be hacked by such criminals.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'd be nervous using such an app.

I have a friend in Spain who liked expensive Italian clothes and nice watches. He was targeted by local Russian 'fellow enthusiasts' who befriended him and then introduced him to some beautiful girls and plenty of 'the white stuff'. The girls were working for these men. I guess my friend could not say 'NO' and he ended up losing his career, his money and his family. That is an extreme case of course, but such an app. could possibly be hacked by such criminals.
Love to Russian/Soviet watch would repel such criminals instantly. They are attracted to specific brand and none of them are Roketa or Vostok.

·
Registered
39,476 Posts
Dang, I was there 4 months ago and had a great time, but I got cold feet checking out the Roketa T-34. But
I did get a Putin T-shirt and fridge magnet.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
And other upper brands. Actually surprisingly lots of people in Russia I have met on my last visit had Omegas. And I found out a source for cheap Vostoks in great variety. Got myself Scuba Dude for around $35.
Goodness me; that sounds like a good deal. Any particular hot spots for watches etc in St Petersburg do you know of?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts