WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out a GW5525A impulse buy has turned into a favorite watch since acquiring it last September. Watch does not feel bulky, sits just right on my wrist and stays in place because the straps hole are perfectly positioned. One of the two most comfortable Casio watches I own.

K.

·
Registered
721 Posts
:-! Love this classic design too...only holding back because I can't justify paying more than a benjamin for its cousin, the white colored variation.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Nice looking watch, but the only reasons why I'm holding back is because the sound of the alarm is not loud and it beeps for only 10 seconds. Also, it does not have the 24 hour countdown timer like the DW5600E and like the DW5000SL Spike Lee have. And the DW5600E and the Spike Lee G-Shocks both have 20 second beeping alarms.
I don't see spending that type of money for a watch which doesn't have a 24 hour countdown timer and a very loud alarm that beeps for 20 seconds.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the beauty of Casio G-Shock, something for everyone. I only buy solar and preferably solar/atomic. I bought the GW5525 based on the 60 bucks price, comfort is a bonus.

K.

Nice looking watch, but the only reasons why I'm holding back is because the sound of the alarm is not loud and it beeps for only 10 seconds. Also, it does not have the 24 hour countdown timer like the DW5600E and like the DW5000SL Spike Lee have. And the DW5600E and the Spike Lee G-Shocks both have 20 second beeping alarms.
I don't see spending that type of money for a watch which doesn't have a 24 hour countdown timer and a very loud alarm that beeps for 20 seconds.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Turns out a GW5525A impulse buy has turned into a favorite watch since acquiring it last September. Watch does not feel bulky, sits just right on my wrist and stays in place because the straps hole are perfectly positioned. One of the two most comfortable Casio watches I own.

K.

I like it, and as you have so poetically pointed out, there is something for everyone with Casio/G shocks, all at reasonable price points.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I feel the same way about mine. I first didn't care for the overall look.
But after I picked one up on sale at Penney's (as many here have) it became my daily watch.
However, for the past month I've been wearing my new Suunto (forgive me brethren)......:oops:

oh, btw, I do wear the dog tag sometimes......

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I know what you mean ;-) I got mine because of the great deal at Penny's and after wearing it found out its a very comfortable G with large crisp digits. Its is very nice when a watch far exceeds your expectations :-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts