WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've done this before but not in quite a while and it's always fun.
I know this is a foreign concept to all of us, but if you could only keep ONE of your CURRENT collection, which would it be and why?
For me it'd no doubt be my Damasko DA 36:

Perfect size for me, 40 mm., extremely legible, simple styling, love the long yellow sweep hand.
Technically advanced with all kinds of anti this and that (magnetic and shock). Ice hardened case that should ALWAYS look new, hardened double ar saphire crystal and accurate out of the box to +1 a day since April now.
I've owned, still own and sold much more expensive watches and this one remains my "perfect" watch.
Just can't rave enough about it :)
So let's see your ultimate keeper!

·
Registered
881 Posts
That's a very tough question - but for now I would have to say my new Bathys. I love the simple face and the UV color and it is very comfortable on my wrist. I love the lume as well. I have been wearing non stop since I received it and have had a lot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
The next one I buy! :-!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
:rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart No fair Ken! :-D :-D :-D
And here is my counter to that..........if I had a favorite one.......I would have only one! B-)

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
I think I would have to go with my Luminox. Love the tritium markers.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Depends.

Keep one, and live as always, I'd go for the Stowa Airman. Classic design, GREAT lume, and heritage to boot. Really like it! |>

Keep one, because you are Tom Hanks, and your Fed Ex plane is going down somewhere in the Pacific: Seiko Alpinist. 10 year battery, very accurate (+/- 1 sec. per month), perpetual calender, titanium, WR 10ATM, pluss compass.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Tragic,
I can't - I've got several that are too sentimental.

Of the ones I have purchased, its would have to be this one.....

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Completely restored O&W Early Bird circa 1969 from the Bien Hoa PX. I recall paying $26.95USD for it. It served me through two and one-half tours in SE Asia and beat the watch to death. Wore it on over 50 SAR ops into Laos, Cambodia, N. Vietnam and twice into China.

Much nicer watches out there but to me this one and the memories which it holds are priceless. I'd never sell it.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Probably my O&W Mirage III chrono:

but ask me gain tomorrow and the answer will be different. :-D
Now that is a handsome chrono - specs?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I sold my favorite in a moment of insanityO|
It was an early 70's Omega Speedmaster Moon Chrono:-( :-( :-(
Anyway...now I'm in the process of building a collection...slowly.
My number one now is probably the simple, (and cheap) Aviator
Pilot, because it's so simple and clean looking it fits in anywhere, anytime!

Dave

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
If we had to keep just one a piece it would have to be Bathys for both of us.

Why - comfort, easy to read.....must be getting older!!!! :-D, and the fantastic customer service John provides. Sandra would keep the Silver Ti and Stephen would keep the UV 1st Gen.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Now that is a handsome chrono - specs?
Let's see..

Ollech & Wajs Mirage III

Stainless steel case
40 mm dia
12 mm thick
47 mm lug-to-lug
Valjoux 7750 (yes a real one!) with quickset day/date
Hacking seconds
Screw-down crown
100m water resistance
Sapphire crystal
20 mm lugs
Superluminova hands, indeces & numerals

Forum sponsor Gnomon sell them.

Gratuitous extra picture:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well right now I would have to say My citizen/Auto/Diver, but soon that will be replaced by an OM, and then that might be replaced by a mechanical chronograph of some sort. So Ken said it well when he said "the next one I get"................

1 - 20 of 61 Posts