1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Reactions: Knives and Lint

·
Registered
10,150 Posts

My photo style is all about capturing the essence of the timepiece without the distraction of the environment around it. Each of my Rolexes has a signature design element or two and when the lighting is right and I’m lucky enough I get a shot that accentuates them and helps the observer feel the subtleties that sets Rolex apart.

The Pepsi’s iridescent bezel that’s so hard to photograph and the way the light hits the bright white maxi lume plots. The Daytona’s red text splash and platinum-filled deep black bezel. The 5513 off its bracelet on a black strap which makes a Submariner feel like a completely different watch. The elegance of the DJ41 and the monochromatic genius of the sunburst rhodium dial and detailed jubilee bracelet.

These photos capture these signature Rolex design elements very well so I consider these my best.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
This ^ is fantastic!
who ever this guy, Rolex should hire him for photo jobs. I was pro photographer and in my opinion this guy is awesome.

Many thanks for the kind words gents! However I must give most of the credit to the beautiful wilderness I'm lucky enough to be surrounded with, rather than any particular skill on my part. Honestly, there's not much method to my madness, I just go out exploring in the wild, take a few hundred pics, and hope a handful of them turn out well. I am learning though, and having fun, which is the important part. IMO the pinnacle of good photography is to have a picture tell a story, and my hope with these pics is to tell the story of how I enjoy my watches. b-)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts